Author Topic: WTP Hybrid Freecoaster  (Read 716 times)

Offline aliasdck

• Cliffhanger
WTP Hybrid Freecoaster
« on: January 05, 2023, 07:37:54 PM »
Anyone using this hub (or an equivalent designed hub) and can comment on its performance with respect to flatland only riding? I’ve been through a variety of Freecoasters over the years and I seem to have had bad luck with most of them. My biggest gripe is when there is noticeable drag/rolling resistance when doing back wheel tricks that place some side load on the coaster, I can never seem to get a coaster dialed just right where it rolls smoothly both in a straight line and when carving or spinning in circles.

Is this hub a good design for a serious Flatlander or is it only really better suited for somebody doing more street/park type of riding? If this hub is not so good then are there any other hubs you’d recommend out of what’s currently available these days? Didn’t have much luck with either my far east or my odyssey clutch v2 though in both cases I think I may be responsible for the issues that developed as I was over tightening both the spokes and the axle nuts which likely caused warping of the hub shell and flanges. in the future I’ll take better care of my back wheel but I simply cannot afford to throw away good money on something that won’t work well for me. I’d also prefer a silent hub but a clicking one isn’t a deal breaker if it kicks enough ass.

Thank you so much in advance for any advice given. Happy new year everyone!