Author Topic: RATE YOUR FAVORITE FREECOASTERS  (Read 4996 times)

Offline Midou Ban

• Hitchhiker
  • True style never shouts -> FLATLAND
RATE YOUR FAVORITE FREECOASTERS
« on: April 14, 2014, 03:16:41 PM »
rate it from 1-10

KHE
ezra
nankai
taska
etc(other freecoaster that youve tried)

feel free to have comments and experiences about the freecoasters you rate

THANKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
"Great power comes with a great electric bill"

Offline FlatismŽ

• GF Inhabitant
    • Flatism
Re: RATE YOUR FAVORITE FREECOASTERS
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2014, 07:50:03 PM »
Taska UFree 9/10 (current)
KHE Gold Geisha 8/10

Want to try out the Vocal Hitchhiker next.
Flat-ism

Offline manniedamaniac

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2014, 09:36:20 PM »
Taska Ufree was great till I snaped the axel and it wasn't the same after that!
Running the Cult freecoaster and so far the only complaints are the weight of it and the amount of slack"almost a quarter of a crank"

Offline xsjadorider

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2014, 09:55:29 PM »
my taska sucked, no slack and it felt cheap. my khe is 9/10
i cant say much for it but the profile coaster felt nice the one time i rode it, i cant wait till that is released!

mewefan

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2014, 10:39:10 PM »
I have a federal v2. Kinda heavy but works fine for me.

Offline RufusRex

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2014, 11:03:41 PM »
I have two first-generation KHE Geisha hubs (gold and purple). I have been using them since 2008. Both have always worked perfectly, aside from a barely noticeable side-to-side play, which disappeared completely after some use.

I would give them 9 out of 10, if not 10 altogether.

I also have two KHE Geisha Light hubs. I had to replace the clutch on both, and they always had a minimum side-to-side play. Barely noticeable, but it is there. Replacing the clutch was expensive, and it shouldnt' have happened. I'm not sure how to rate them now. Apart from that, they work fine.

On the other hand, I have seen several Taska U-free with broken axles, and other problems.

Offline Doc

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2014, 12:54:30 AM »
I'm running the alienation rush v2 and id give it a 9/10, its amazing and the slack adjustment is so easy and able to tweaked perfectly i love it.

i also have a primo freemix that i really enjoyed, 8/10, my only complaint is how much the slack is and there is no way to adjust it.

and i had the taska ufree, id give it a 0/10. first day i rode it, busted driver side bearing, ordered a new one, and right away busted that one. so yea. I'm totally done with that one.

Offline SiC

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2014, 03:36:32 AM »
8/10 EZRA - All good except the occasional snap you get when engaging the clutch.  No side lash and rolls very good, never had issues with ghost pedaling. Very light weight.

8/10 Salt Plus - Same as above, this is what I am currently running

7/10 KHE Greyhound - All good except the side lash, I've had 2 of these and both had about the same amount of side lash (side to side hub bearing play).  Never had issues with ghost pedaling, a tad bit heavier than most freecoasters.

6/10 Nankai 100AKA - Non-sealed bearing so I had to overhaul/regrease every month.  Rolls great when freshly overhauled.  Never had issues with ghost pedaling, snapped axles every now and then, weight is pretty light but not as light as EZRA.

6/10 KHE Geisha - Had a lot of ghost pedaling issues.  Bearings had slight side lash and I'm not a fan of the EAS (Equal axle system).  Never snapped but I bent a few of the EAS outter axles.  Weight is pretty light but not as light as EZRA.

My review is based off of a scale from 1-10 with 10 being a perfect freecoasters with absolutly no issues.
Old school newbie from Japan

Offline Midou Ban

• Hitchhiker
  • True style never shouts -> FLATLAND
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2014, 08:07:12 AM »
MORE MORE MORE
"Great power comes with a great electric bill"

Offline fripbmx

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2014, 03:30:38 PM »
- greyhound street 7/10 : works perfectly but a lot of play and a bit heavy

- salt+ trapeze : 9/10 : (current) light, rolls perfectly, no ghost pedaling, just a little noise sometimes when engaging.

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2014, 04:11:31 PM »
MORE MORE MORE

Most people have no idea how to maintain their freecoasters. Getting everyone's review on them is kind of pointless when you realize this.