Author Topic: Terry now riding for Deco Frames + Signature frame coming  (Read 15662 times)

Offline Mr News Bot

• Robot
  • GF Inhabitant
    • global-flat
Terry now riding for Deco Frames + Signature frame coming
« on: May 04, 2013, 10:16:22 AM »

Terry joined the Deco team and will be riding one of their frames from now on. He posted a little statement on his website: "As of today I will be riding Deco Frames with legendary Flatlander and all around BMX Legend Chad Degroot. Everything stays the same with Odyssey, maker of best BMX parts in the world, but my new frame sponsor will be Deco. I hope everyone is as excited as I am. Look out for my signature TA frame out soon!"

On the Deco website we found another comment of Terry on the TA frame: "The TA model has everything I have always wanted in a great solid traditional looking flatland frame. It’s not gimmicky, has a simple design, and its built to last. Its still short but long enough to make you feel like a man. Removable tabs and built in chain tensioners to keep things practical. This frame is everything I want between my legs. This is some quality sh*t that will provide tons of fun and give you a happy ending every time you ride it."

For sure we'll see Terry and his new frame in action at the Voodoo Jam

Offline TRUTH1970

• Backpacker
Re: Terry now riding for Deco Frames + Signature frame coming
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2013, 01:45:05 PM »
all the best with the new frame Terry, but i still prefer the Flatware frames

Offline azflatlander

• Backpacker
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2013, 07:49:32 PM »
Let's see how creative Deco gets with this frame other than stamp on a previous frame, espceially using the TA name for a frame.. Retro decals using orginal Skyway color scheme and TA Terry Adams name and an all white frame maybe?  :beer:

Offline DBZ

• Funky Chicken
F Y T W

Offline metalbmxer

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2013, 11:07:54 PM »
Frame is already revealed on the deco site
Dax (now in LAS VEGAS as of July 2022)

Offline manniedamaniac

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2013, 05:04:32 AM »
Deco uping there game! hell ya!

Offline smsabb

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2013, 06:47:21 AM »
ta as in terry adams

Offline suicidepan

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2013, 07:53:04 PM »
I don`t understand why he always tries to act like a tough guy it`s pretty lame

Offline efxman

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2013, 09:54:37 AM »
I get that Terry is now sponsored by Deco and you want to put your sponsor in the best light but if I was odyssey I would be pissed.  His statement is it's everything I wanted in a frame, so the waltz was not yet he designed it?  Personally I am sure the deco ta or the waltz are pretty equal in terms of quality.  Also he says it is not gimmicky yet the first frame he designed at odyssey had that curved down tube which to me was a bit of a gimmick and a fad.  I still think Tery rips though and I totally respect the guy and all he does for flatland but his statement should of been thought out a bit more.

Offline Keneken

• Backpacker
  • im on iron mans back! ,-
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2013, 11:05:22 AM »
  His statement is it's everything I wanted in a frame, so the waltz was not yet he designed it?

I get the whole odyssey being pissed about this but if in a years time he's on a different frame it will be the same story about how this ones more perfect then previous models, it's not going to help sales much if he says 'the deco has my name on but it's not as good as the waltz'
''let me tell ya something i did a front n rear wheel hang on the cloping on the slide of the spine, now i stick to street!''

''do you freestyle?''

However serious you take it general public sees us as just dicking about on 'kids' bikes, some people could do to remember that and smile a little.

Offline metalbmxer

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2013, 01:56:51 PM »
I get that Terry is now sponsored by Deco and you want to put your sponsor in the best light but if I was odyssey I would be pissed.  His statement is it's everything I wanted in a frame, so the waltz was not yet he designed it?  Personally I am sure the deco ta or the waltz are pretty equal in terms of quality.  Also he says it is not gimmicky yet the first frame he designed at odyssey had that curved down tube which to me was a bit of a gimmick and a fad.  I still think Tery rips though and I totally respect the guy and all he does for flatland but his statement should of been thought out a bit more.

His bent downtube waltz came out a time when it WASN'T trendy to have a bent tube. Later, he realized that he could still do all of his tricks with a full straight tubed frame.

Offline Flatland318

• Backpacker
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2013, 03:58:25 PM »
Any body who has bent tube frames that they now hate send them to me for free pleaz....Just saying I still like them over the straight tube it's not because of riding style or anything like that I just like the way the look.
It aint nothin' but a G thang baby, Def Row is tha record dat pays me.

Offline Mr Dee

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2013, 06:38:06 PM »
Other than a slightly longer (19.5?) top tube and the chain tensioers, I can't see that there's much of a difference or improvement to the Waltz. 

Offline metalbmxer

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2013, 01:14:31 AM »
Other than a slightly longer (19.5?) top tube and the chain tensioers, I can't see that there's much of a difference or improvement to the Waltz. 

Looks like he has both of the sizes on his Deco frames--same as flatware waltz and tango frames.

Improvements: integrated chain tensioners

Offline metalbmxer

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2013, 01:21:08 AM »