Author Topic: Ohh KHE....  (Read 7985 times)

Offline gumby

Ohh KHE....
« on: September 09, 2012, 01:09:06 AM »
Still havent gotten my replacement axle for my Greyhound hub. I live in Louisiana, they're in Germany. Its been 4 weeks since they said they would ship one to me. I know it doesn't take 4 weeks to ship overseas. Any suggestion on what I should do? I emailed them today asked whats up with the wait. Also I think my cone nuts are ruined. Threads on them are just really messed up. Would regular cone nuts work with the axle?

Offline TOflat

• GF Inhabitant
Re: Ohh KHE....
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2012, 02:09:18 AM »
I have said it once and will say it again. KHE is the WORST company in BMX today. Hands down, no others can compete with the sh*tty quality of their products and their garbage customer service. Anyone who works for KHE, prove me wrong, give me an example of why you are not any of those bad things, and I will stop bashing the hell out of your silly company.

Offline gumby

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2012, 02:13:29 AM »
I have said it once and will say it again. KHE is the WORST company in BMX today. Hands down, no others can compete with the sh*tty quality of their products and their garbage customer service. Anyone who works for KHE, prove me wrong, give me an example of why you are not any of those bad things, and I will stop bashing the hell out of your silly company.

Definitely right about that...

Offline mnbmxkid1996

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2012, 02:30:24 AM »
my friend bought shola complete and the wheels where trashed after a few weeks bars and stem stripped out and cranks stripped

Offline rideflat43

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2012, 04:45:35 AM »
I still have the KHE Wheels set
lasted me this long and that is all I
have on my bike KHE still!

Offline melon lover

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2012, 07:59:10 AM »
Still havent gotten my replacement axle for my Greyhound hub. I live in Louisiana, they're in Germany. Its been 4 weeks since they said they would ship one to me. I know it doesn't take 4 weeks to ship overseas. Any suggestion on what I should do? I emailed them today asked whats up with the wait. Also I think my cone nuts are ruined. Threads on them are just really messed up. Would regular cone nuts work with the axle?

I'm still waitin for my female axle also :-(

It's the second time it's stripped and it's been about 5-6 weeks I did get an email about 3 weeks ago to say they were waiting for the axles to come in

So I'm playing the waiting game luckily I have a spare wheel but this could be the last khe product I buy.....the hubs and pedals are the only khe products left on my bike

Offline flatlanderic

• Backpacker
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2012, 08:00:53 AM »
personally i have never had a bad experience getting in touch with them or getting something replaced. and honestly the only part of theirs ive broken is their seats but its just plastic after all, and bent a post about 5 years ago. When i did run cranks on my bike i had bought the geisha wheel set from flatlandfuel and did have a few issues with the studs and a little play but after about 2 months both wheels were perfect. i also bent a pair of swiss miss bars but that was from me throwing my bike

everyones experience is different and mostly sh*tty as ive heard for years now but i cant complain personally

Offline SoKyFlow

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2012, 08:31:14 AM »
I've never been able to contact KHE.  Phone, email, website.  Nothing. 

byke

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2012, 08:42:03 AM »
I can't comment on other products, but I do know that if I was making bike parts etc for customers etc.
That I doubt I would ever attempt to put out a freecoaster, even if it just meant printing a company name on a factory generic stock one. As the chances of problems arising is too high, and if you couple this with the fact they are usually outsourced to manufactured, you then also loose a vital oversight.

If we are completely honest, no one apart from nankai has built up a reputation in the coaster market, and I believe it's because of the issues listed.

Yes other companies plan to release something's always, but it only takes one batch or production run with an issue to tarnish a brands reputation.

I would love to see a gsport coaster but doubt it will ever happen, given the complexity of the task.
So where does this leave the coaster market? Not in a great place TBH ..... So the real question should be how can we design a new coaster that doesn't suffer such intense pressure? Well no ones made much of a sollution and has focused most efforts for the coaster to sit in the hub. Yet we haven't looked at the BB or chain or sprocket. Both areas in which the coaster could be integrated, but not necessarily better.

Again, coaster are a cool toy ..... But by no means a cool design given the variables needed to produce such in such a limeted market and price band.

Offline Paradoxium

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2012, 09:59:44 AM »
I can't comment on other products, but I do know that if I was making bike parts etc for customers etc.
That I doubt I would ever attempt to put out a freecoaster, even if it just meant printing a company name on a factory generic stock one. As the chances of problems arising is too high, and if you couple this with the fact they are usually outsourced to manufactured, you then also loose a vital oversight.

If we are completely honest, no one apart from nankai has built up a reputation in the coaster market, and I believe it's because of the issues listed.

Yes other companies plan to release something's always, but it only takes one batch or production run with an issue to tarnish a brands reputation.

I would love to see a gsport coaster but doubt it will ever happen, given the complexity of the task.
So where does this leave the coaster market? Not in a great place TBH ..... So the real question should be how can we design a new coaster that doesn't suffer such intense pressure? Well no ones made much of a sollution and has focused most efforts for the coaster to sit in the hub. Yet we haven't looked at the BB or chain or sprocket. Both areas in which the coaster could be integrated, but not necessarily better.

Again, coaster are a cool toy ..... But by no means a cool design given the variables needed to produce such in such a limeted market and price band.

Perfecting the frecoaster is something I think about alot. To be honest, building a fixed drive into a freecoaster is probably pushing the boundaries too far for now, but perfecting a regular freecoaster is not,, in my opinion.

The Nankai has pros and cons, as does the geisha/clones, the rollacoaster/stolen and the sym.
If the best of these four designs were implemented into one hub it would be a jackpot.

Building a freecoaster into the bb or sprocket is something else I think about, but means having a live chain. For example twin freewheels, with double the pawls, can you imagine the noise...

I have alot of ideas to put into a new freecoaster design and have owned many. I wish I still worked in a machine shop at times... If a company would be interested in starting again with a hub feel free to contact me.

Offline K.Wong

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2012, 02:54:28 PM »
so the O.G. poster (gumby) was talking about the flatland version of the khe greyhound freecoaster?

have anyone tried the street version - the one with shorten 14mm axle with 3/8" hexbolts? (similar internals as the infinity flow freecoaster)?

Offline rideflat43

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2012, 06:24:22 PM »
WHY THE STREET MODEL

You know it is going to be way heavier
but are you in for the bulk and heavy duty
hub?

Offline MICHELE

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2012, 10:53:38 PM »

i had a really good experience with khe customer service,
i buyed a tanaka fork at this year bmx masters for only 50 euros then when i mounted it a week after i found out it was not possible to install the wheel straight because in was welded in a wrong way.
i contacted the customer support they answered my e-mail the next day and asked me a couple of pictures of the fork.
after i sent the pictures they sent me immediately the fork that arrived a week later.
i didn't even had any proof of purchase to show them but they didn't created any problems even if the fork was so cheap.
If I ever see a flat rider do a hop-to-wallride, my head would explode.

Offline K.Wong

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2012, 08:31:06 AM »
@rideflat43

oh, because a friend of mine just pass to me a freecoaster prototype (unlabeled) to test; and judging from the images i've seen, it's the infinity flow freecoaster; and with exception of the hub shell and colour, it's similar to the khe greyhound street version.

it terms of weight, i think it's middle-ing - @570g it's lighter than technolites, federal v2s and similar to 14mm bamboos and the greyhound street; only the taska sealed, ufrees, geisha lites and greyhound flats and alloyed shell nankais are ligher and not by much.

i think having aluminium and hollow axles for rear wheels are just... ... ... bad comercial choices. their rollexs had hollow axles which cracked and snapped when utilized for street; alloy might be too soft when most of the time riders tended to overtighten or guage wrongly how much to tighten rear wheels.

and i've heard alot of the aluminium products from china and certain taiwanese factory aren't rated to specification.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 08:34:05 AM by K.Wong »

Offline K.Wong

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2012, 08:39:15 AM »
and i think in general with de-threaded products, some of the blame might fall on the riders themselves... that said, i've not used the greyhound flatland freecoaster so i can't acertain blame; and i've ordered the Front hub version of the greyhound, so i'll let you know later.