Author Topic: Flatland back in the Dew Tour !!!!!!  (Read 11784 times)

Offline Claude

• Backpacker
Flatland back in the Dew Tour !!!!!!
« on: August 04, 2012, 06:27:13 AM »
Terry, Alex, Matthias, Wilhem. That's all I know.

Offline Erik Otto

• GF Inhabitant
  • The Brotherhood for life.
    • Monolithic Flatland
Re: Flatland back in the Dew Tour !!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2012, 01:20:41 PM »
The Dew Tour site doesn't mention it at all.  As long as Flatland isn't treated like a red headed step child with zero TV coverage, this should be good.

Offline mare

• GF Inhabitant
  • tmp®
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2012, 01:35:44 PM »
hope it was a reliable information :beer:

Offline Martin

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2012, 02:47:13 PM »

Wow, where did u hear that?

Offline markus schwital

• Cliffhanger

Offline UFO

• Hitchhiker
    • UFOBMX
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2012, 10:23:13 PM »
Only a 4 invited? Just 4 ?

Offline Erik Otto

• GF Inhabitant
    • Monolithic Flatland
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2012, 12:19:46 AM »
A test run with two weeks notice for all involved?  I'm sorry but that is f-cking bullsh*t.  I hate that flatland has to go hat in hand and prove something to anyone.

I'm not saying don't go or support it, If you can, by all means go.  I will do all I can to attend, but at the same time they really could have given everyone a little more notice.  I won't be the only one who is pissed when the powers that be say "Well, we gave it a shot" despite everything going against it.  Sorry to sound cynical but I really hope they do it right.

Does anyone know if they promised any airtime at all for flatland?

Offline rideflat43

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2012, 03:11:35 AM »
PETE B. GOT INVITED..that I know and do not believe the hype and there is no mention of flatland and that is a bad omen for flatland in the dew tour and if they were serious about adding it then  they would of mentioned it somewhere!
I am not holding my breathe on this and flatland is what is it..an underground events and I do not see it going into the limelight anytime soon and like I care..I do not even ride anymore!

Offline Flatlandfuel

• Company
    • flatlandfuel
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2012, 05:58:37 AM »
The decision to add flatland happened late Friday. Website update and press release from Dew Tour is coming Monday. If this goes off well it could lead to a full event and bigger field at all Dew Tour events in the future. Yes, its late notice and a small number of riders but everything is going in the right direction. Lets all get behind this.

Offline mare

• GF Inhabitant
  • tmp®
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2012, 10:24:33 AM »
hope they will put spectators as close as posible to action. i think it plays a huge roll for ppl to get interested in flat.

Offline The Brown Sound

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2012, 02:55:54 PM »
I'm there. Stoked for this. The last "pro" big event was in 1989 Rochester NY Wendy's Classic lol so I'm def making this. I totally agree there could have been more notice but I'm just stoked overall flat is getting exposed to an audience that might never have known. All the street dudes I know respect flat for the insane balance so it'll be great to see the other disciplines reaction or support on this. Can't wait.
I'm like the brown LL Cool J.

Offline rideflat43

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2012, 03:47:57 PM »
I'll check back Tuesday and yeah i am still not holding my breathe of this being legit and that they are serious about this and like I said last minute and who going to come at the last minute to a contest and not a good sign really in my book!

Offline Erik Otto

• GF Inhabitant
    • Monolithic Flatland
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2012, 06:17:52 PM »
Flatland has been waiting for a shot like this for a while now, my only concern is that flatland's best "shot" comes in the form of a last minute contest addition.  I hope it does well and I am glad that riders will see decent money, I just don't want to see this opportunity lost due to the fact that the riders and more importantly the fans and supporters have such little time to put plans together to be there.  As long as the promoters understand that, I'm ok.  Sorry to be so cynical but...
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 10:07:32 PM by Erik Otto »

Offline Ultraman Zoffy

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2012, 09:54:58 PM »
I'm with Erik on this as far as being happy yet cynical... late notice to the participants also equates to late notice for proper promotion and advertising needed to draw the kind of crowd that has to show up to justify flat in future events. You almost wonder if it would've been better to make the decision this year to include flat the FOLLOWING year in order to have time to build up hype for it. But whatever... I'm sure by now we're all used to the taste of the crumbs that tend to get thrown to our community.

Offline Ultraman Zoffy

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2012, 09:57:20 PM »
Only a 4 invited? Just 4 ?
I'm sure that was all the left over budget money could afford... it's not like Pepsi Co. is a big company or anything. <sarcasm>