Author Topic: So flatmatters WAS NOT trying to censor me.  (Read 10371 times)

Offline Therapy

• Funky Chicken
So flatmatters WAS NOT trying to censor me.
« on: July 11, 2012, 05:33:22 PM »
Today i went to comment on a video and my comment isn't going through.  I guess unless I kiss ass , i cant comment. That is some major BS. idc tho. I'm just gonna post the video and my opinion here for the time being.
Skullcandy Bmx Flatland
Therapy July 11, 2012
Your comment is awaiting moderation.

So, chris bohm purposely went to the most crowded place he could find just to show off.
This is the biggest problem with flatland. People that ride for egotistical purposes. ie. just to show off rather then progress.
Normally bystanders ignore flatland and there’s nothing wrong with that.
so Chris thought he should get extremely close to them and put them at a risk. so that way they couldn’t ignore him.
He gets a sense of satisfaction from people liking him rather than from         self-improvement.
People are unaware . So they think the easiest things are impressive.  and this is what people like chris take advantage of.
He goes out to a public place and does time machines and cliffhangers. And this edit is worth putting on the site? what a joke.
And skull candy is literally the worst and most hated headphones on the net but thats besides the point.  (google it)

UPDATE : My comments were being marked as spam for some reason. Must be an error. Cheers everyone.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 10:28:27 PM by thisiswhatireallythink »

Offline alex@H

• Backpacker
Re: So flatmatters is trying to censor me.
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 06:41:07 PM »

This is the biggest problem with flatland. People that ride for egotistical purposes. ie. just to show off rather

thats crap. where is the problem for "flatland" ? its more a benefit to make it more popular.
i think your reason of writing this is, that you dont like chris böhm respectively showoffs like him (and thats ok, me neither).. and come on, a pro could do a video of fork-glide-variations and it would be on flatmatters... its a site/blog which gathers the most "relevant" flat-vids of the day

Offline Flatland-Cris

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012, 06:55:12 PM »
without people like him "showing off" alot of people would know what the f*ck flatland is , dont u see the people in the vid there really digging it there not annoyed he just done it straight in front of them if he done that at a few schools i think wed have a few more rider about the show!
Keep it flat!

Offline Therapy

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2012, 06:56:01 PM »
All that is nice. but look at the crowd. It's all middle aged people and some semi-cute girls. I guess he thinks one of the housewives or husbands are going to be so impressed by him that they will learn flatland? Give me a break.
Do you really think going to a crowded train station is a benefit to flatland.?
The guy is looked at as a public nuisance and safety hazard. 
look at 0:22
what if that guy was texting while walking?  I'm guessing Chris doesn't really care about things like that.
And he has probably already had an accident with someone walking into him or hitting someone accidently.
He must have blamed the pedestrian and put on an attitude. Like most flatlanders who try and ride in public places generally do (sean fontenot).
Although I do agree about the forkglide variations part.
And skullcandy is crap.

Offline Flatland-Cris

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2012, 07:07:09 PM »
skullcandy is pureeee sh*teeee ill give you that,and yes the whole crowded thing watching it again is abit toooo tight like my local spot (only flat bit in NI lol) is a public place but a big place and not many people walk through it more around it, he is abit dangerouse like most of them people dident even expect it if he had hit someone i geuss it would have given bmx in general a worse name than it already has 
Keep it flat!

Offline jpoliti

• Backpacker
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2012, 07:20:32 PM »
the first part of this edit featuring chris bohm was shot during the 'bread and butter' tradeshow in berlin, last week i belive. This tradeshow is a major tradeshow for clothing brands in Europe. lots of shows happen over there, people go there to see and buy collections, watch fashion shows, and see new things. Chris is only doing his job over there, doing a show for skulcandy and attracting attention for the brand.

this place is not a public place the way you imagined it was.

visual informations can be confusing, and most of the time you need to know the background to fully understand what is really going on. pictures and videos can be interpretated a lot of different ways, depending on who  is watching, what he actually knows, and what his personality tells him to think.

Offline out~riding

• Global Team
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2012, 07:33:41 PM »
So, chris bohm purposely went to the most crowded place he could find just to show off.
This is the biggest problem with flatland. People that ride for egotistical purposes. ie. just to show off rather then progress.
He gets a sense of satisfaction from people liking him rather than from self-improvement.

Ok, he likes to show off, there's nothing wrong with that but how can you claim that he isn't progressing or wants to progress? Do you know him, ride with him?

And even if you believe that is true, that's the biggest problem in flatland? Really?

Only half of the video is at the train station, the other half he is completely alone. That is only 50% show off then..

so Chris thought he should get extremely close to them and put them at a risk. so that way they couldn’t ignore him.

I don't think that's the case, there's not much room there and he is confident on his precision so he thought it was ok to ride there.

Offline jpoliti

• Backpacker
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2012, 07:36:56 PM »
as i said , this is not a trainstation, it is Berlin's old tempelhof airport, that's where the bread and butter tradeshow happens. In 'tradeshow', you will eaasily notice that the word 'show' is present. This place is all about showing, it was organised for that purpose

Offline Kevin Brill @ Kassel

• Backpacker
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2012, 07:45:19 PM »
Today i went to comment on a video and my comment isn't going through.  I guess unless I kiss ass , i cant comment. That is some major BS. idc tho. I'm just gonna post the video and my opinion here for the time being. Skullcandy Bmx Flatland Therapy July 11, 2012
Your comment is awaiting moderation.

Normally bystanders ignore flatland and there’s nothing wrong with that.
He gets a sense of satisfaction from people liking him rather than from         self-improvement.
People are unaware. So they think the easiest things are impressive.  and this is what people like chris take advantage of.
He goes out to a public place and does time machines and cliffhangers. And this edit is worth putting on the site? what a joke.
And skull candy is literally the worst and most hated headphones on the net but thats besides the point.  (google it)

Even if you dont like show offs, you have to admit that more publicity is not bad for flatland. He is not risking anyone while he is riding there. Well not more, then I do at my regular riding spot!
Often times you have to adjust to whatever sh*tty conditions there are just to satisfy the people for whom you ride the shows! So dont judge anyone if you dont know the background.

If I had to take a guess, I would say that you were not censored because you dont kiss ass, but simply because every comment you give on Chris (I have never read anything else by you) is pure negativity.

do yourself a favor and stop with the criticism and cynism! believe me, you get nothing but negative feelings out of this

and yes, skullcandy are propably the worst headphones there are. just won them at a skateboarding contest
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 08:01:43 PM by Kevin Brill @ Kassel »

Offline jpoliti

• Backpacker
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2012, 08:02:37 PM »
after giving a second look you will notice the tanktop he wears has the same logotype/artwork as on the black wall right behind (a croos upside down). the black wall of a brand booth, It is a brand he is riding for that has its booth right there, so it makes sense for him to ride ride in front. maybe the brand even asked him to do so.

Offline clone0001

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2012, 08:26:01 PM »
Boohoo.

Offline Deadwing

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2012, 08:58:08 PM »
Im pretty stoked that you hold you opinion so high, and get pissed when you get censored. You seem to be very passionate about flatland, seeing as you point everything out thats wrong with flatland. But for someone who doesn't care about what people think and hate show offs, why be all hidden and anonymous? If these things that make you mad and piss you off, do something that you personally think is better.

You keep mentioning progress. How have you actually contributed to progression of riders and our sport with the way you talk to people? Sure constructive criticism is never a bad thing, but you just come off like an asshole. You have all these facts of how things should be and how riders should be, but how can any of that be taken seriously from a random "rider" hiding behind a keyboard?

Some of the stuff you say is true, and makes a bit of sense. But all credibility goes out the window when its just being spewed from some anonymous internet nobody.
Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/hashcab217

byke

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2012, 09:44:26 PM »
after giving a second look you will notice the tanktop he wears has the same logotype/artwork as on the black wall right behind (a croos upside down). the black wall of a brand booth, It is a brand he is riding for that has its booth right there, so it makes sense for him to ride ride in front. maybe the brand even asked him to do so.

I haven't seen the video ... Is he riding for lord clothing now?

Offline manniedamaniac

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2012, 09:49:06 PM »
Boohoo.
+1
Who doesnt like to show off? I sure do but i guess thats bad and makes you not progress. Dang

Offline jpoliti

• Backpacker
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2012, 09:54:18 PM »

I haven't seen the video ... Is he riding for lord clothing now?

i don't think its Lords, it s a whole different style of clothing, higher fashion brand. May be he was just doing a one day show for them and that's it, i have no idea.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 09:55:58 PM by jpoliti »