Author Topic: Anarchy in Anderson  (Read 6608 times)

News_Bot

Anarchy in Anderson
« on: February 01, 2012, 08:39:51 PM »
Date: 03.08.2012 - 05.08.2012

Round 3 of AMFLT!

Joe Miller will be opening his skatepark in Anderson, Indiana to  welcome Round 3 of the 2012 Am Flatland Circuit. Friday the 3rd will be  registration and practice/jam. Saturday the 4th will be the contest.  Sunday the 5th will be reserved as a rain date.

Surface: 45×80 Beautiful smooth flat cement!

Entry: $50 Ams, $100 Pros

Classes: Veteran, Novice, Expert & Pro

Format: *Subject to change*

Veteran: 2, 1:45 qualifying runs (best run counts). 2, 1:30 final runs (best run counts)

Novice: 2, 1:45 qualifying runs (best run counts). 2, 1:30 final runs (best run counts)

Expert: 2, 2:15 qualifying runs (best run counts). 2, 2:00 final runs (best run counts)

Pro: 2, 3:00 qualifying runs (best run counts). 2, 2:30 final runs (best run counts)

Schedule:
 Schedule subject to change*

9am-1030am: final registration/open practice
 1030am-11am: Novice Practice
 11am-12pm: Novice Qualify/Finals
 12pm-1230pm: Veteran Practice
 1230pm-130pm: Veteran qualify/finals
 130pm-2pm: Expert Heat 1 Practice
 2pm-3pm: expert heat 1 qualify
 3pm-330pm: expert heat 2 practice
 330pm-430pm: expert heat 2 qualify
 430pm-5pm- expert final practice
 5pm-6pm: expert finals
 6pm-7pm: pro practice
 7pm-8pm: pro qualify/finals
 8pm-830pm: best trick practice
 830pm-9pm: best trick contest
 9pm: awards

**Each class will immediately follow the next. Exact Time subject to change.**

Judging: Judges will be using the same system  developed & approved by a panel of top pros, organizers and industry  vets for JoMoPro and the World Circuit. Judges will judge and give  scores to 3 categories: Difficulty, Originality & Consistency.  Difficulty is worth 100 pts, Originality 85 pts & Consistency 75  pts. All judges scores are then collected and averaged to give a final  score. There will be 3-5 respected judges for each class.

Pro Purse: $1500 *Subject to change* Top 3 will be paid out (possibly more depending on participants).

Offline stvnlpsly

• GF Inhabitant
  • Quest BMX
    • Quest BMX
Re: Anarchy in Anderson
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 11:43:01 PM »
Super stoked for this event.  Top notch A+ riding surface! I'm sure Joe Miller will have more info as he plans this event. Mark your calenders!

Offline shred-squad

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2012, 03:35:20 AM »
I rode this spot last summer and its a sick surface. Felt like i could do anything...

Offline That Joe Miller

• Cliffhanger
    • Unknown Sports
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2012, 11:42:14 PM »
please change the date for this comp to August 4 and 5 for a raindate, just in case. I continue to aquire sponsorships, and we've arranged to have Fat Tony MC.
That Joe miller

Offline Pralex

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2012, 10:04:46 PM »
So the main date is a Friday and Saturday, and the rain date is a Saturday and Sunday? Wouldn't it make more sense to use the Sunday of the first weekend as the rain date?

Possibly moving the event a week back due to weather will make travel arrangements difficult for some of those coming further away, possibly deterring those that are coming from further away (ie international riders).

Offline That Joe Miller

• Cliffhanger
    • Unknown Sports
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2012, 10:50:15 PM »
Dearest Pralex, the 4th is a Saturday, and the Sunday is the rain date. Hope to see you there. Thanks for the interest, Joe
That Joe miller

Offline Mr.Archon

• Backpacker
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2012, 05:01:36 AM »
im not going but i can i ask you guys a favor? Every contest ive gone to besides voodoo has had small crowds. PLEASE advertise to the community and local bisunessess to make for a huge crowd and exposure for the contest

Offline letsgo

• Backpacker
    • Ketch Bikes
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2012, 05:22:09 AM »
So is this comp on August 4th (Sat) or is this still on July 27th (Friday - Practice) July 28th (Saturday - Contest)?  The AM Flat Circuit site says the 4th (Saturday) but this thread still lists it as the 27-28th?  Sorry I go a little confused.

Offline stvnlpsly

• GF Inhabitant
  • Quest BMX
    • Quest BMX
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2012, 05:05:13 PM »
Please rely on the official Am Flatland Circuit site for the most accurate information. The date is August 4th (Saturday) Friday the 3rd would be prejam/practice day with the contest moving to Sunday the 5th if it rains.

I apologize for confusion.

As to the crowd comment. Voodoo Jam does a phenomenal job in getting a great crowd. I'm sorry if you have been to comps where a crowd wasn't satisfactory. Toronto had a GREAT crowd so I'm assuming you weren't there. JomoPro crowd was mostly riders.
Joe Miller is doing a great job preparing for this event and making it the best he can! Great crowds aren't always gaurenteed, but I know joe is doing what he can to make this contest great.

More information is coming in for this surely but slowly. It is about 2 months away so I hope everyone is able to make appropriate plans and arrangements to make it out!

Again, for accurate up to date info refer to

www.amflatlandcircuit.com

Steve

Offline shred-squad

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2012, 08:10:45 PM »
Word. Thanks Steve.

Offline That Joe Miller

• Cliffhanger
    • Unknown Sports
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2012, 06:05:30 PM »
Saturday August 4th is the date. The 5th will only be used in case of inclement weather. Hope to see everyone there. Joe
That Joe miller

Offline wookie

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2012, 06:12:54 PM »
I'm there.  Super stoked it got moved back a week so I can go.  Probably the only event I can make this year. 

Brian

Offline shred-squad

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2012, 01:18:50 AM »
It's going to be a blast

Offline Paulatrix

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2012, 02:10:17 AM »
I just booked my flight today, so I will be at the comp. I'm rolling in with the mother waffle, Kim, Friday evening. We're hoping to arrive around dinner time to get a few hours of practice in. I haven't been to an event on the East Coast/Mid West in about 3 years, so I'm pretty excited to see everyone there and hoping the heat doesn't kill me.  :beer:

Offline stvnlpsly

• GF Inhabitant
  • Quest BMX
    • Quest BMX
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2012, 03:36:12 PM »
Only 4 weeks away! Things are rolling along for this event. Hoping for a good turnout and excited to have a super chill relaxed contest/weekend. Some info has been updated on the event page at www.amflatlandcircuit.com so check it out. As of right now we are looking at $1500 Pro Purse, top 3 paid out. With so many events in the US and just the state of flatland lately, we are relying on entry fees to help pay the pro purse. 100% of entry fees will go back to the pros.

The contest site has free wifi so look for some serious up-to-the-minute coverage of this event on twitter & flatmattersonline as the #AMFLT crew will be busy filming clips/runs and getting content out as soon as possible!

See you there!