Author Topic: Street Company Flow, and more FLow in general.  (Read 8077 times)

Offline Limited

• Cliffhanger
Street Company Flow, and more FLow in general.
« on: June 13, 2011, 06:32:01 AM »
There's been alot of talk about competitions etc, but I'm wondering were is the company flow. how much does it really cost a company to say hey"I'm going to give you (an expert ,master class rider) some grips and pegs everyonce ina while" I don;t see alot of that happening to encourage people to ride under the pressures of a competition.

Also i was wondering if you guys think it's feasable for a street company to flow flatlanders. Instead of being pressured into making a flatland line everytime a flatlander comes on bored they could hook the rider up with parts that arent so ride type specific.i.e bars, seats, rims, grips...pretty much anything besides the frame,fork,pegs,and tires. I think itd be a cool way to incorporate flatland into the bmx world sponosrship wise with out a company worrying about "wasting" money on goin to the drawing board and making flat parts.

Lemme know whats up

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
Re: Street Company Flow, and more FLow in general.
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2011, 06:36:42 AM »
If you're a steet company, I'd say it doesn't cost much of anything for a company like Shadow to throw a set of Voltus bars into the prize package for master. If people see others riding them, they'll want them. It's cheap sponsorship where the best of the best in the class gets a single freebie that they'll ride or sell thereby giving someone else the opportunity to show off a product that might not have been introduced to the marketplace to begin with.

Yeah, seems like a decent idea.

Offline Limited

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2011, 06:40:52 AM »
Shadow is a company I had in mind.yah I know all shadow bars have 10 by 3 sweep which in my opinion is pretty flatland friendly. they even make 320mm pivotal posts and 26mm offset forks...I'm not sure how id approach them though.

Offline manniedamaniac

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2011, 02:13:17 PM »
seems like a realy good idea...

Offline Flatpanda

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2011, 02:52:43 PM »

Offline Limited

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2011, 08:22:00 PM »
I've e-mailed Shadow and DK. DK is pretty supportive of flatland so im wondering what they'll say. Does anyone have anymore suggestions on Companies we should contact? I was thinking Stolen..

Offline EZChris

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2011, 08:53:54 PM »
Contact as many companies as you can. All of then. The more the merrier. Whats to loose? I mean, don't copy and paste the same emial, mix it up a bit - gives it a personal touch.

You never know, a compnay might of been toying with the idea of getting into flat for a while, but wasnt sure if flatlanders would get on the brand - this might be the push they need (im thinking standard bykes specifically here, but applys to them all, of course.)
Proud member of the Spaff Cartel.

Offline Limited

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2011, 09:06:59 PM »
Thanks man  -_-. I'll keep trying because I think this is a win win situation for the riders and companies that get involved, with very very little loss.

Offline Limited

• Cliffhanger
Re: Street Company Flow. Update: Shadow likes Flatland.
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2011, 10:34:54 PM »
I got an e-mail back from The Shadow Conspiracy saying that the ownder was actually once a flatlander and he makes sure he has neutral product as far as Flatland and Street. I thought it was just by chance but aparently it was on purpose. hence the 26mm forks, 4pc 10 by 3 sweep bars, and 320 posts. The only reason why they havent flowed flatlanders yet is because of budget, but they do like and will entertain the possibility to do so. BUY SHADOW!  -_- -_-

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2011, 10:41:38 PM »
That's cool...Nice to hear they responded quickly. Nice...

Offline metalbmxer

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2011, 10:47:06 PM »
Thanks man  -_-. I'll keep trying because I think this is a win win situation for the riders and companies that get involved, with very very little loss.

Good man for doing this!
Dax (now in LAS VEGAS as of July 2022)

Offline Limited

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2011, 10:55:49 PM »

Good man for doing this!
thanks. haha I don't have to be the only one. I think if we flood companies with e-mails with positive vibes one will give haha. My only thing is to stress that we dont want them to make a flatland line just flow riders and contests with parts they already make. -_-

Offline manniedamaniac

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2011, 05:22:47 PM »
Kink would also be a good company to flow flat riders. Maybe ill email them later today...

Offline jm

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2011, 07:16:21 PM »
Subrosa might also be interested.

Offline Limited

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2011, 08:29:04 PM »
Kink would also be a good company to flow flat riders. Maybe ill email them later today...
No not maybe, theres only do or do not bro. Lets get this poppin.