Author Topic: What happened to Ganji BMX?  (Read 4002 times)

What happened to Ganji BMX?
« on: March 30, 2011, 04:12:33 PM »
Saw Ganji mentioned in Hearns' BMX Plus interview.....but does anybody know what happened to Ganji?  Gabe K has disappeared from Facebook too. Weird!
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 04:14:08 PM by Rick Macdonald »

Offline 1pyroace1

• Hitchhiker
Re: What happened to Ganji BMX?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2011, 04:51:12 PM »
i guess they got so high they 4 got 2 flatland?
"you may not change the world but you can change a part of it"

Offline jm

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2011, 05:04:31 PM »
I have no idea what happened, but in the meantime:

http://www.onelovebmx.com/

Offline Shayne

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2011, 06:11:51 PM »
What happened to Ganji BMX?   

I ask myself that same question sometimes...

This is all that I know... myself & Darin were booted off the project in late 2010.  I was then re-invited back to work for Ganji at the end of December, I declined.  Gabe also started a distribution company called Tempa Distribution.  I don't believe that it ever took off and that website has been down for a few months.  The Ganji website has been down since around January 2011 I believe.  Gabe has gone underground.  He surfaced up here in Santa Rosa for a couple of weeks but didn't mention Ganji to any of us, but he was sporting a few new shirts & hoodies that he screened himself.  But, rumor has it that he sold his screening equipment and moved to San Diego.  Stephen hasn't been a paid rider for Ganji since I was booted off the project, I was paying his salary.  Gabe is surely riding hardcore somewhere in Southern California I believe.

We didn't get too high to ride flatland.  We ride everyday and smoke everyday (most of us, I'm just finishing up a 31 day fast from ganja & alcohol).

Darin & myself launched www.onelovebmx.com at around the same time we got booted from the Ganji project, so we could have a place to post our videos, thoughts, ideas, whatever.  It's not a company, just a blog that rarely gets updated.

That's pretty much it.

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2011, 07:20:45 PM »
Thanks for the update Shayne, I was hoping you'd chime in.

I had reconnected with Gabe via email, I hadn't seen him since the Vermont days when he was this crazy elf-like teenage flatland prodigy.

Well, I hope you guys all stay busy...hang loose and maybe our paths will cross!

Offline D

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2011, 07:20:10 PM »
Ganji went up in smoke.... :( 

Offline animal1

• Backpacker
  • PEG MOLESTER
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2011, 08:06:30 AM »
What a shame.  Ganji had such a sick style.  Probably my favorite flat company..
BALANCE CONTROL

Offline blind

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2011, 03:09:52 AM »
I talk to gabe a couple of days ago he's chilling in s.d. and riding a lot as always. He didn't talk about ganji but him and kerry are doing good. The canadain riders that are on ganji were still repping hard in the contest in montreal and toronto.