Author Topic: new company (need testers)  (Read 6250 times)

new company (need testers)
« on: December 27, 2010, 02:16:39 AM »
nothing is tottaly set in stone yet still got a few niggles to sort out but any way on to the news,
hopefully this summer me and a few of my freinds will be starting a small bmx clothing/part company called ?!? ...ill go into proper detail nearer the time,

any who the company is gonna do a limited run of frames aimed more for beginers on a budget we are talking under £100 including delivery with a years warrenty

oki the specs (roughly from my head dont have sheet of paper in front of me)
toptubes 19.25tt, 19tt, 18.9tt, 18.5tt 18tt
chainstays will be either 13.25 down to 13 depending on
standerd headset (will have one fitted for free)
mid bb
headtube angle is 75
diamond shaped frame
10mm drop outs
weight 5lb (give or take)
hi tensile steel frames
will be left plain for buyer to spray at home

our frame builder is a welder by trade, used to work for gusset bikes in the day, and monty (trials)...hes got over 20 years experince

the truth is we got the material next to nothing due to another bike company bailing out on the material hence why 1 we can do the frames and 2 sell them for really cheap without loosing quality we have enuff to make 50 frames plus 6 testers

SO I NEED SOME VOLUNTEERS I NEED 5 RIDERS FROM GLOBAL WHO ARE WILLING TO TEST THEESE FRAMES WE NEED YOUR FEED BACK BEFORE WE START SELLING THEM AND ALSO IF ANY OF YOU DISAGREE WITH OUR SPECS PLEASE JUST SAY AND GIVE UR INPUT...FOR THOOSE WHO WANT TO BE TESTERS JUST MESSAGE ME, YOU WILL GET THE FRAME FOR NOTHING WAT EVER SPEC YOU ASK FOR ALL WE ASK IS THAT YOU HELP WITH DELIVERY IF OUTSIDE THE UK AND ONCE YOUR FINISHED WITH THE FRAME AND IT ISNT DAMAGED JUST PASS IT ON TO SOME ONE STARTING OUT OR FRAMELESS.

designs of frame and building will start in feb so plenty of time and ill post up more info than
im sorry i cant give out any more detail im really just the messenger

after all the frames are gone we wont make any more unless we get more money and we will continue as a clothing brand making t shirts, shirts, hoodies and belts,shoe laces
again sorry for lack of info but feel free to ask...as i said before frame designs will be posted up in feb

Re: new company (need testers)
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2010, 02:33:41 AM »
ooh one last thing when asking to be a tester please could you state what size of frame you would like including cs....helps for future refernce see wat riders trully want incase we ever make more frames

Offline Blindingsun

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2010, 08:59:18 AM »
I'm in newcastle england and am currently frameless =D

17.5 tt please =D
You don't seem to want to accept the fact you're dealing with an expert in guerrilla warfare, with a man who's the best, with guns, with knives, with his bare hands. A man who's been trained to ignore pain, ignore weather, to live off the land, to eat things that would make a billy goat puke. In Interwebs his job was to dispose of enemy personnel. To Troll! Period! Win by attrition. Well Blindingsun was the best

Offline ondo

• GF Inhabitant
    • Blog
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2010, 10:41:13 AM »
PM sent.

Offline MICHELE

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2010, 11:55:03 AM »
me too pm sent.
If I ever see a flat rider do a hop-to-wallride, my head would explode.

Offline mare

• GF Inhabitant
  • tmp®
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2010, 12:26:00 PM »
PM sent

Offline SERGI8

• Backpacker
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2010, 02:40:09 PM »
PM sent

Offline Federico RZ

• Forkglider
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2010, 03:33:15 PM »
PM sent

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2010, 03:40:54 PM »
sorry i havent been in touch with every one just im working away doing graphical work mostly on t shirts hoodies ect ect....good news is every thing is going smoothly we are getting a visit on the 15th of jan from the local health and safety to go over the building since its rented from the local council and also since our company is working with hazardous tools....
Im also hoping to post up the designs of the frames just after new year
we would like to do a live feed with some one to show them how the frame is being made but i dont think it will happen due to you lot working/time zones so we might just post up a video of the whole process,
we really need as much feed back even on the specs giving, we would like to cover tall and short riders plus we want to get this rite first time.

next thing for those asking for sponcers im sorry but thats something we really cant do at this momont we dont have the funds to send to to comps or go riding lol
but if you lot let us prove our selfs with theese frames and clothing ...and would like to say help us promote our brand than sure we dont mind sending out some free clothing to the lucky few....
also I cant give out tester frames to thoose who are new to the sport and have just signed up to global not because im being evil lol just i need folk who have been in the sport for a long time and kno how to thrash a frame,
ill be back on in a few hours with some more info and a list so far who has been choosen for testing

thank you again

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2010, 03:53:42 PM »
Iv recieved a few messages about the frame being made with a spanish bb and int headset
if you lot think this is a better idea please feel free to say....we only choose mid bb becuase it seemed more common but as a company we are learning as we go along....

Offline khe killah

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2010, 05:55:22 PM »
This could be interesting, uk company and all.... well im in the uk and can test for you, 18tt 13cs...  :mellow: Good luck with it all rob

Offline Andrew Tarrant

• Cliffhanger
  • Is back...with a KFC bucket.
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2010, 07:37:05 PM »
I'd recommend euro bb's
Mechanic is easy, all you need is a hammer and a blowtorch....BURN MOTHERf*ck BURRN

Offline Havokflat

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2010, 09:28:54 PM »
I'd recommend euro bb's
Hell no!!!!!!!
The french don't know Rock & Roll.

Offline Jengo

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2010, 10:02:03 PM »
Mid bb sounds good to me

Offline Deadwing

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2010, 06:26:13 AM »
Why would you have frames made of hi-tensile steel instead of 4130 chromoly?  :huh:
Hi-tensile may be cheaper, but its defiantly not as strong nor lighter than 4130. Hi-tensile is usually what most junky completes are made out of.
Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/hashcab217