Author Topic: HeLp!!!!! I need advice  (Read 4667 times)

Offline hellsick

HeLp!!!!! I need advice
« on: August 24, 2010, 08:04:54 AM »
I am look for a custom build or a complete bike and a good frame I am 175 lb.s 5.5 tall
and need a better bike plz help me lol

Offline DaviD (dave0)

• GF Inhabitant
  • Flatland from Israel
Re: HeLp!!!!! I need advice
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2010, 10:53:12 AM »
you need to be more specific\know what you want.

cause preference for handlebars and different parts can get very specific

Offline Mr. Acid Green

• Backpacker
  • beware of the TROLL.
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2010, 01:34:27 PM »
I am look for a custom build or a complete bike and a good frame I am 175 lb.s 5.5 tall
and need a better bike plz help me lol

what have you been riding? do you like it ? what do you not like it? 
please dont set yourself on fire.

Offline hellsick

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2010, 10:47:50 PM »
I have a dk opsis 09  I like it but I think I want something a little shorter because getting out of cliffhangers is a pain with such along tt. I know I want something shorter and zero offset
but as far as want parts are the best I have know idea I want something light but isn't going to brake because I don't have money to keep replaceing parts.

Offline Scuffy

• Backpacker
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2010, 12:32:19 AM »
I have a dk opsis 09  I like it but I think I want something a little shorter because getting out of cliffhangers is a pain with such along tt. I know I want something shorter and zero offset
but as far as want parts are the best I have know idea I want something light but isn't going to brake because I don't have money to keep replaceing parts.

Are you using a railed seat and seat post on your Opsis...if so,try moving the seat further forward.

What's more important to you....having light parts,or having parts that won't break so easily?
Losers always whine about their best,winners go home and f*ck the prom queen!

Offline hellsick

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2010, 02:02:38 AM »
I using a railed seat it's up as far as it will go I guess I just have short legs lol but to make thing worse I found out today my fork is cracked bad by the drop outs :( I would have to say
I would like my parts to last vs neing lighter but if I could find a both that would be nice :)
but I am going to go crazy now with a bike to ride T.T

Are you using a railed seat and seat post on your Opsis...if so,try moving the seat further forward.

What's more important to you....having light parts,or having parts that won't break so easily?

Offline Scuffy

• Backpacker
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2010, 02:11:25 AM »
to make thing worse I found out today my fork is cracked bad by the drop outs :( I would have to say
I would like my parts to last vs neing lighter but if I could find a both that would be nice :)
but I am going to go crazy now with a bike to ride T.T

Sucks to hear about the forks...were they stock ones?

Get yourself some Odyssey Flatware Forks....Lifetime warranty on those suckers...
http://www.flatlandfuel.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1616

The 0mm offset Flatware forks only weigh like 1.86 pounds.
Losers always whine about their best,winners go home and f*ck the prom queen!

Offline hellsick

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2010, 11:30:07 AM »
yeah they are the stock ones lifetime sounds really good now lol