Author Topic: THE FLATLAND 'ZINE  (Read 9865 times)

Offline mr.cool

• Forkglider
THE FLATLAND 'ZINE
« on: October 26, 2008, 02:32:09 PM »
Hello people.

A friend and I have decided that we are going to start a flatland maga/fanzine. Which in whatever state will be relased march 2009.

The ‘zine will be limited to 1000 copies, which we aim to distribute internationally, so everyone gets a copy. It will be 32p A5…but advertising and personal budget will make it either b/w or color.
(But as we are both unemployed creative types, probably B/W)

We aim to bring you a magazine that focuses on some strong photography with some progressive riding, not just by big names but also you, the average Joe Blogg. A look at scenes through the eyes of the local riders, and better comp/jam coverage from around the world.

We figured sometimes people and magazines get lazy and important things within this culture get lost in time for not being documented, so as we like to travel, meet new people and most importantly ride…we decided ‘f*ck it, lets have a giggle.’ (Also being unemployed means you have alot of time on your hands)

So with your help can you please send some good quality photos and ideas to us at:

frankensteinis@live.co.uk

a blogspot will be online next month to keep everyone in the loop, as it were.

Peace and f*cking people

Budz

Re: THE FLATLAND 'ZINE
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 05:19:07 AM »
starting a mag and keeping it going isnt the easiest thing to do
theres been sooo many mags come and go over the years, some good some bad, some excellent, some sad.
if u got the passion, stick with it. follow ur dreams! :mellow:
all the best dude!  :beer: :beer: :beer:

Offline JAY1WM

• Cliffhanger
  • 1WM
    • 1WMBMX
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2008, 01:22:13 PM »
lets make it happen .

Offline mr.cool

• Forkglider
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2008, 05:42:27 PM »
Come on people...

We have had 152 people (so far) look at this thread, and only a handful of people have bothered to get in touch. Big up all those who have.

I'm sure theres som photographers out there wanting to get there work out, and I'm sure there is more than one scene in America and the UK. We're doing it becuase we love flatland, no one else is helping the movement, so we help ourselves (which is the best way...no hand outs).

Show some support and get in contact please.

Yo!!

Offline nightrider

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2008, 07:03:43 PM »
available world wide?
Columbus lied...the world is flat.
BIKE SPACE

Offline godmode

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2008, 07:05:52 PM »
 hey bro , it would be cool to make an article about every country's scene .People dont know about lots of countrys and there are nice riders to meet everywhere you go.

timk4130!

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2008, 07:21:57 PM »
Im game. I have some really good shots of me from louisville that are a few months old along with it 2 sequence shots that where taken about 3 weeks or so ago. The only way i could send you these, is if i knew they where going to be printed in color. (it would be useless to me,and the photographer if they went b/w) please get in touch with me as soon as you guys have something organized up. I'm willing to help in anything i can do to keep flatlands momentum moving worldwide "(  )"

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2008, 12:39:00 AM »
GO FOR IT
HEYA IM DOWN TO SEE THIS AND SEE IT SUCCEEED
YOU KNOW I BEEN WANTING AND SAYING WE NEED A
FLATLAND MAGAZINE OR ZINE

Offline Ken NJ

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2008, 12:59:29 AM »
starting a mag and keeping it going isnt the easiest thing to do
theres been sooo many mags come and go over the years, some good some bad, some excellent, some sad.
if u got the passion, stick with it. follow ur dreams! :mellow:
all the best dude!  :beer: :beer: :beer:

why did they stop printing?  lack of $$?  i think a flatland mag is an excellent idea!  keep it real! peace!
flat rules everything around me f.r.e.a.m.

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2008, 01:35:34 AM »
there was suppose to be a flatland magazine a long time ago
dont know what happened!
lack of money and i was never contacted again

i was suppose to write for them!
lol
like i know anything about flatland!!
lol

still have all those stickers too in my drawer!

Offline mr.cool

• Forkglider
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2008, 12:33:00 PM »
Morning morning all!!

Thanks for a better repsonse, that’s more like it… communication.

Ok, so here’s the deal, Mr. nightrider, we shall distribute the maga/fan’zine worldwide, so people like minded people such as Mr. godmode, can find out what’s going on, who’s going off, from here to there.

To answer Mr.timk4130! We’re looking for a cheap but quality printers for another project. Because your right, some of that energy will get lost in a full b/w ‘zine, and if the photography is as sound as you make out, then we should push it for sure.

So yeah, at present its early days, with a few submissions we are drafting layouts/design elements, and seeing where we can go from their.

The plan is continue to keep it running as long as people want it and feel its worthwhile buying. We want to keep advertising to a minimum, but use that money to pay for the printing costs so we can make something of quality at a cheap price.

We shall keep answering your questions, keep you posted on developments, as well as pestering you mop for more pictures and words.

So until then, chillax in the warmth, its f*cking cold outside.

Me.

PS. thanks for the kind support

Offline Griff

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2008, 05:31:10 PM »
Good going Mr Cool, now we just have to think of a name and get the cash together...

G

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2008, 11:02:55 PM »
cool
will be lookig foward to seeing this
lates

Offline noskills

• Funky Chicken
    • Flickr
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2008, 09:02:11 AM »
I"m down. Sent you a reply to your email earlier. Check out my Flickr page and we can go over the images you like.

Just don't want to to cross post too many of the same photos to Methods that will be in your mag.

We will talk.

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2008, 12:08:19 AM »
you have any idea when this will come out??