Author Topic: Dudes who use Shin Guards...  (Read 7636 times)

Offline The Brown Sound

• GF Inhabitant
Dudes who use Shin Guards...
« on: July 15, 2008, 02:38:20 AM »
Can you recommend some? I used to use the Hammers bitd. What's good now? Do alot of riders use them or? I used to wack the sh!t outta my shins w pedal misses and such so these were a god sent. What say you?
I'm like the brown LL Cool J.

Offline Dion

• GF Inhabitant
Re: Dudes who use Shin Guards...
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2008, 02:48:39 AM »

Offline The Brown Sound

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2008, 05:02:52 AM »
Thanks huge man! I really didn't know if anyone sold them or if many used them enough for places to carry them. Word. I like you don't have to slip them on like the Hammers lol That sh!t was rough after a session. It'd stick to you lol. Again thanx -
I'm like the brown LL Cool J.

Offline smiley (Roy)

• GF Inhabitant
    • myspace
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2008, 05:44:04 AM »
BITD rode w/ Hammer 2z now I ride w/ Lizard Skinz. Got them from my local shop, Dan's Comp has them.

-Roy
If you are for real, you probably spend enough time on your bike that there's no time left for talking sh*t on message boards.

Of course, if all you do is talk sh*t on message boards, you're probably not as good or as cool as you think you are.

-- McGoo

Offline midschool

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2008, 06:51:42 AM »
I too used Hammer 2z's back in the day also.  Now I run with SixSixOne Veggie Wrap Shins.  In a word, plush.

Check here-

Six Six One Shin
You may be disappointed if you fail but doomed if you never try.  Some people advance through life.  Others remain stagnant and only dream of what they can achieve.  There is a difference between wanting and having, saying and doing.  Don't let those who fear progression keep you down or steal your vision.  Act out on your dreams.  Everything is real and ANYTHING is possible.

Offline Dee.

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2008, 05:02:38 PM »
The way my shins are lookin atm im gona start! Like the look o the fuse... Whats the padded thing some guys wrap round the stem ? cos my knees are getting it too!  :P

Offline HeavenlyGrippingBeast

• This all hurts....even when I land right....
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2008, 05:28:41 PM »
BITD rode w/ Hammer 2z now I ride w/ Lizard Skinz. Got them from my local shop, Dan's Comp has them.

-Roy
Man, I rode Hammerz all the way up, pulled the knee pads past the shin guards, it was like murder trying to get those things off after they got swollen sweaty and then you're all tired from sessioning......good times, I must be getting old, I'm talking about knee pad difficulties from my youth, ....next thread I'll be asking you guys what foot soak you use to get the swelling down in your ankles and feet....lol

Offline jason_21218

• Backpacker
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2008, 05:41:25 PM »
The  best are actually soccer shin guards you can get at any sporting goods or Walmart store. They are meshed in the back, they don't get all sweaty and sticky and best of all they are only $12

Offline Ken NJ

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2008, 07:28:10 PM »
The  best are actually soccer shin guards you can get at any sporting goods or Walmart store. They are meshed in the back, they don't get all sweaty and sticky and best of all they are only $12

Good call... i got a pair of Oddy Smaks and i wore them the first time the other day they were hot as $hit!  i took them off 5 minutes into my session...
flat rules everything around me f.r.e.a.m.

Offline blind

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2008, 05:42:28 PM »
just dont use them.i know it hurts to rack your shins but trust me you get use to it.now i look down and my shins are bleeding and i  dont even remember hitting them.shin guards get way to hot.legs sweating and sh*t.and its just one more thing to keep up with and try to find when u wanna go ride.

sumthinluv

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2008, 05:51:12 PM »

Yeh that's what I use - cheap and effective - I think mine were like 5 pounds! The local cheapo sports store had a whole selection of generic brand and nike ones all for low prices.

Offline Dee.

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2008, 07:35:48 PM »
Whenever ive had to wair soccer shins they been pretty intrusive and uncomfortable to run round in let alone on a bike. :huh:

Now I run with SixSixOne Veggie Wrap Shins

Just picked up a pair today only cos to my surprise i found a pair in halfords!!  ^_^.. sweet just to put on. My shins are beggin for mercy so eager to see how i get on with them. -_-

« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 08:14:02 PM by Dee. »

Offline MING

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2008, 07:42:18 PM »
HAMMERS, are so the best.

Im still using Hammer 1's and 2.2. both bought in the early 90's and still going.

They do smell really bad though.

Offline ryry4130

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2008, 11:19:35 PM »
HAMMERS, are so the best.

Im still using Hammer 1's and 2.2. both bought in the early 90's and still going.

They do smell really bad though.
Don't tell me you are wearing the ones that slip on and never come off!!  I had a pair of those Hammer's and I had to cut them off because they molded to my leg after one session.  I stopped wearing shin guards all together because they make me feel restricted.  Just like I can't wear pants when I ride.  I just pull my socks up a bit to prevent tire burn.

Offline JDF

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2008, 07:18:13 AM »
I got the Odyssey Smack ones from FF ($19.99).  No complaints so far.  Shins were taking a frickin' beating so now, I don't care how stupid and goofy I look.  I'm sick of bleeding all the time, LOL!