Author Topic: TRUTH Titanium frame, forks, bars  (Read 11068 times)

Offline Truth Bmx

• Company
TRUTH Titanium frame, forks, bars
« on: November 16, 2019, 11:08:03 PM »
Hello, my name is Tony from Truth BMX.

We are looking to add flatland frames to our race and street frames line. Truth would like to add titanium flatland frames, forks, bars and cranks.
I would like to get some feedback on frame design and to see if there is any interest in Titanium products.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 11:55:09 PM by Truth Bmx »

Offline DaddyCool

• Deathtrucker
Re: TRUTH BMX TITANIUM. FLATLAND FRAMES & PRODUCTS
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2019, 09:52:28 PM »
Hi Tony,that's is interesting to hear!I would say the peak of lightweight bikes is over, but there are still a lot of flatland riders who do take care for weight. Far East Cycles offer some titanium parts for flatland for example.What kind of feedback on design you need? Do you need input for the geometry?

Offline Revig

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2019, 10:28:31 AM »

regarding geometry, these topics are kind of old but still relevant to this day I think (what you guys think about that?)

http://www.global-flat.com/smf/index.php?topic=32094
http://www.global-flat.com/smf/index.php?topic=54411

Since you're not established, one mandatory aspect is to have minimum one (well known and respected) flatland rider representing your products, specially since we are on the social media era. As you might know BMX Freestyle is firstly about image marketing wise, and flatland is clearly not an exception on that point.

Offline Truth Bmx

• Company
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2019, 09:45:02 PM »
We will also offer a chromoly frame, fork ,bars and cranks for riders that not really worried about weight. The frame will look like our street frames. I talked to a pro a few years ago to see if he knew a good rider that was available.  Link below you can see how frames will look.

https://www.truthbmxproducts.com/street
« Last Edit: November 18, 2019, 09:57:06 PM by Truth Bmx »

Offline DaddyCool

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2019, 10:52:48 PM »
Hi,the basic look seems suitable. The main issue would be the chain- and seatstay connection to the dropout. This should be smoother. At least rounded ends with tapered tubes (like the S&M or WTP flatland frames) should be used, maybe flat-pressed tubes.The standover height should be a little less than on your street frame in my opinion. HT 74° to 75°, ST around 71°, CS around 13". Would you offer different top tube length? If not, I would chose around 19.5", if yes 19" to 20".What do you think?

Offline Truth Bmx

• Company
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2019, 09:23:08 PM »
We will look more into chain and seatpost connection. Yes  frames will be offered in a few different top tube size.

Offline Truth Bmx

• Company
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2019, 09:31:31 PM »
Some frames use mid and other Spanish BB which is the best???

Offline DaddyCool

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2019, 11:07:39 AM »
I prefer Spanish because it is lighter and strong enough for me. But I feel that Mid BB is better established nowadays. I think this comes from the fact that it is standard for street frames and these are dominating the market and for most companies it is easier to offer only one version for all the frames.Let's say like this: With Mid BB you can't go wrong, only a few riders would complain about the extra weight of about 50 g.

Offline mal

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2019, 12:43:30 PM »
how much would a titanium frame weight?

Offline Truth Bmx

• Company
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2019, 09:36:36 PM »
Our titanium race frame it's a pro XL with 21.25" top tube and 15.20" rear. 3 pounds 1 oz. Flatland frame should weigh mid to high 2 pounds.  Race titanium forks 1 pounds 3 oz .  So flatland fork should be right around 1 pound.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2019, 11:51:55 AM by Truth Bmx »

Offline Revig

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2019, 12:50:04 PM »
I prefer Spanish because it is lighter and strong enough for me. But I feel that Mid BB is better established nowadays. I think this comes from the fact that it is standard for street frames and these are dominating the market and for most companies it is easier to offer only one version for all the frames. Let's say like this: With Mid BB you can't go wrong, only a few riders would complain about the extra weight of about 50 g.

also, with mid bb, thing is riders with micro drive sprocket are not able to tight the sprocket bolt with cranck installed because there is no room to bring allen key there. That's not a issue with spanish bb.
But this drawback, once it's known, got usually less weight than the positives aspects of the mid bb for the maker. Let's see here :)

Offline Truth Bmx

• Company
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2019, 07:46:34 PM »
Here's some pics of our titanuim race frames we just got in for some customers. Flatland will be same high quality

Offline Truth Bmx

• Company
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2019, 07:49:12 PM »
 More pics

Offline khe killah

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2019, 07:53:27 PM »
That's sum nice quality work there Tony. Can't wait to see the flatland designs come to life!

Offline mal

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2019, 08:12:41 AM »
approximately how much would such a frame cost?