Author Topic: Fishbone BMX is back! Hires Jean-Francois Boulianne  (Read 10595 times)

Offline Mr News Bot

• Robot
  • GF Inhabitant
    • global-flat
Fishbone BMX is back! Hires Jean-Francois Boulianne
« on: January 26, 2016, 03:28:56 PM »

JF was kinda quiet lately but there is always something going on ... he teamed up with Fishbone and is going to help them to bring their flatland product line back to life. Below is the official press release with more details. Around March they will probably release further information on a frame which will be available later this year.

Press Release:
Fishbone was started in 1995 by Jackie Yu, then a top rider for GT and Haro since the 1980s. Jackie’s first patent was the Fishbone X-UFO Extreme Rotor. More successes followed including the introduction of iconic Fishbone frames: Ninja, Big Ass, KongFu and KongFu2. Jackie’s other passion is photography/videography. Always looking to make things better, Jackie developed the Fishbone Steadicam and Ninja Crane camera platforms. Jackie uses these inventions daily shooting commercials and films.
To start some buzz for Fishbone’s return, Jackie released pieces of his private collection of never ridden Fishbone Original Vintage components. Some still in the original boxes. With the success of O. V., Fishbone is now ready to begin developing components for today’s riders.
“Both Jackie Yu and I are thrilled to add JF to our Fishbone Team,” said Kevin Wren. “JF is not only a top rider, but he gives demos and workshops to young people all across North America promoting the Flatland style of riding. It’s great for the new riders and for promoting the Fishbone brand.”
Jean-Francois added, “I’m excited to work with Jackie and the Fishbone Team to bring innovative new products to market. Fishbone was a quality brand back in the day and I can’t wait to help bring it back. I also look forward to continuing to promote Flatland at all my events to keep new riders coming into our sport.” More information about Wren Sports and Fishbone can be found at wrensports.com and fishboneusa.com. Information about Jean-Francois and his events can be found at artecycle.com.

Offline out~riding

• Global Team
  • GF Inhabitant
Re: Fishbone BMX is back! Hires Jean-Francois Boulianne
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2016, 10:08:54 PM »
great news. can't wait to see the new stuff they come up with.

Offline bmxelement90

• Backpacker
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2016, 03:46:22 PM »
good god those old parts are hideous

Offline out~riding

• Global Team
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2016, 08:43:09 PM »
For those who worried that the Fishbone team would be riding the new/old Kong Fu2, you can stop worrying. None of them are riding one, in fact they will be receiving soon the prototype REBEL frame & fork.

Quote from: Fishbone
Finally our new REBEL prototype Frame and Fork are in the hands of our tribe members. Here are the main specifications and a glimpse of what should be the final product. Feel free to ask our riders or us about these parts.

Offline out~riding

• Global Team
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2016, 09:25:54 PM »
Quote from: Jean-Francois Boulianne
So happy about my new ride for 2016. It's rides great and I am very happy will all the angle and measurement. Thanks to @fishbonebmx @questbmx @marsbike @ogcbmx

Offline out~riding

• Global Team
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2016, 01:25:33 PM »
It seems some shots have been fired at Fishbone...

Heresy just posted this side by side pic on instagram:

Offline Revig

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2016, 01:55:09 PM »

:huh:

and the name also is the one of a flatland frame by Remind from last year

...wtf

Offline out~riding

• Global Team
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2016, 02:40:25 PM »
I can see that they might have not even known about the Remind Rebel frame, it's a very low production and obscure brand from Japan.
It's still a prototype, they have time to change the name.

Offline Revig

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2016, 03:46:36 PM »

yeah  talk about bad luck :)

Offline bmxelement90

• Backpacker
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2016, 05:29:16 PM »
Those forks look gross. Cool idea though.

Offline DaddyCool

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2016, 11:28:53 AM »
It is interesting that I have realised the similarity only after seeing this picure. But it is evident. Especially the fork follows the exact same idea.
It reminds me of the discussion about the Deep frame vs. KGB Superpower.
I could understand if Alexis would be a little bit angry, but in the end there is another nice frame on the market, so maybe it is good for the riders, don't you think?

Offline out~riding

• Global Team
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2016, 10:23:21 PM »
Today we are announcing that Japanese rider Yorihisa Shiota is joining the Fishbone Tribe and we are beyond excited. Fishbone BMX is his first international sponsor and we are confident this will help him grow in his scene.  Shiota style and techniques are very up to date with today's Flatland, fast spins, switches, pivots and turbines are to come from Yorihisa. Give him a warm welcome and share the news

Offline out~riding

• Global Team
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2016, 03:50:48 PM »
This is our @fishbonebmx Rebel Flatland Fork "0mm and 15mm dual dropout for female hubs - 190mm extra long steer tube with 5mm cut line - removable brake mounts - thin and tapered legs" Available early October.

Offline azflatlander

• Backpacker
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2016, 09:32:55 PM »
It seems some shots have been fired at Fishbone...

Heresy just posted this side by side pic on instagram:

They both look like Yanmar's Dragonfly Motion 2008 frame to me

Offline byke

• Backpacker
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2016, 09:41:29 PM »
Given the Fishbone I remember from the past, I must say this is a huge improvement.