Author Topic: Squeakers  (Read 3530 times)

Offline tavarishch

Squeakers
« on: October 31, 2014, 10:14:52 AM »
Working on squeakers now.  They seem to come much more easily than other things I have done (hydrants, tailwhips, etc.) but not sure if that is because they are inherently easier or just because my balance has improved.

Any suggestions for a good trick to get started on back wheel?  So far have just been doing peg wheelies.

Offline FlatSociety

• Company
  • Hitchhiker
    • FlatSociety
Re: Squeakers
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2014, 11:50:51 AM »
Congratulations Tavarishch. It sounds like you're making good progress. As far as the back wheel goes, have you learned infinity rolls yet? It's really on both wheels, but it helps you to learn to balance & steering on the rear wheel. Another idea is squeakers to backwards peg wheelie. After you do this you could drop down the front wheel & go into infinity roll. These are just a couple of ideas. The main thing is to let your imagination help you to combine tricks together. Hope this helps!

Offline letsgo

• Backpacker
    • Ketch Bikes
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2014, 03:54:32 PM »
Good job on the squeakers.  If you want to get started on the back wheel start with lardyards.

Offline tavarishch

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2014, 04:41:15 PM »
As far as the back wheel goes, have you learned infinity rolls yet? It's really on both wheels, but it helps you to learn to balance & steering on the rear wheel.

Thanks, I have spent very little time on infinity rolls but I will add it to my list of things to work on.

Offline tavarishch

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2014, 05:01:42 PM »
If you want to get started on the back wheel start with lardyards.

Not sure if I am ready for lardyards yet, but will give it a go.  Is there a back wheel version of squeakers where you stand on the back peg and squeak backwards like the front wheel version?  That sounds more like my speed.

Offline letsgo

• Backpacker
    • Ketch Bikes
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2014, 06:23:07 PM »
In that case try mega spins.