Author Topic: Kevin Nikulskis perfekter run!! :)  (Read 11656 times)

Offline Jan@Weiden

• Cliffhanger
Kevin Nikulskis perfekter run!! :)
« on: July 17, 2012, 10:25:05 AM »
Kevin Nikulski 2012 Worlds

Offline locky

• Backpacker
Re: Kevin Nikulskis perfekter run!! :)
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2012, 12:13:06 PM »
Surely he should have got top 3.
He killed it. Fast controled. Went for and pulled his banger.

Should have won.

Mattias run bored me as it has for a while

Offline bransyeah

• Backpacker
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2012, 12:32:13 PM »
This is why flatland contests are a joke. Even though Mathias and Dominik are very impressive riders, in this contest Kevin pulled a lot of harder tricks and did a perfect run....

Shame on the judges.
"I find your lack of faith disturbing."

Offline Flatgod

• Backpacker
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2012, 12:55:19 PM »
Even though Mathias and Dominik are very impressive riders, in this contest Kevin pulled a lot of harder tricks and did a perfect run....

He did a perfect run, but I find it disturbing that you actually think he did anything harder than Dominik.

Offline locky

• Backpacker
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2012, 01:06:49 PM »
Disturbing?

I didnt watch doms run that close
Will have to re watch

Offline Flatgod

• Backpacker
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2012, 01:19:07 PM »
Disturbing?

I didnt watch doms run that close
Will have to re watch

Why is there even a need to re-watch the thing? By just glancing you can tell that Dominik's run was WAY more technical and difficult (and still nearly perfect).

Offline locky

• Backpacker
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2012, 01:21:45 PM »
Well thanks for the reminder why forums sucks.

Offline Dustyn@Chemnitz

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2012, 11:19:32 AM »
Kevin is a really cool and nice guy! I like him...

But please this is not a pro level.
Not signature Riding and the tricks are not hard enough. Ok this run was really good but i think top 3 is to much!

Offline Flatland-Fanatics

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2012, 11:41:58 AM »
That`s right !!!
unfortunately do not see it all so, but it's simply factual.

Offline Jan@Weiden

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2012, 01:30:33 PM »
after watching the top 5 runs and kevins run a couple of times i see the difference too :) and 6th in pro finals for a 18 year old is more than awesome

Offline sakis

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2012, 04:08:50 PM »
Kevin is a really cool and nice guy! I like him...

But please this is not a pro level.
Not signature Riding and the tricks are not hard enough. Ok this run was really good but i think top 3 is to much!

please can somebody tell me which signature trick got 3th place at dez!!!??his run had touches and nothing difficult close too what dom did.

Offline misterpola

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2012, 05:44:35 PM »
This is why flatland contests are a joke. Even though Mathias and Dominik are very impressive riders, in this contest Kevin pulled a lot of harder tricks and did a perfect run....

Shame on the judges.
Harder tricks?!
Matthias' hafcab whopper to peg manual is hard.
Dom's xfoot hicker jugglers and barspins are hard.
Dez's halfhicker full kickflip to halfpacker is hard.
Just to name a few...
But turbined steamrollers, hickers, crackpackers and time machines are not...
Kevin's barflip to crackpacker is VERY stylish, but its not even close to be as hard as any of the other guys switches. Same for his spinning no handed time machines. I really like his riding, he's a very good rider, and dude, he did an amazing perfect run! But you seem to be confused about what is hard and what is stylish.
I was there, I saw every single final run and I honestly think the judges did a good job overall and the results are pretty good the way they are.

please can somebody tell me which signature trick got 3th place at dez!!!??his run had touches and nothing difficult close too what dom did.

I dont think it was any signature trick what placed him in 3º place. His overall riding was just better that any of the other guys below him. Chutchalerm's run was really good too, in my opinion it was very close to Dez's run. Also Guelo had a great run. I think Joris, Kevin, Alex and Guelo were REALLY close in points...

Offline alkis

• Backpacker
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2012, 06:09:10 PM »
i agree,
But how about adams kun run,
Does anyone has any footage because i believe judging from his overall runs a disqualification is not in his habit ???

Offline sakis

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2012, 06:40:08 PM »

Shame on the judges.
Harder tricks?!
Matthias' hafcab whopper to peg manual is hard.
Dom's xfoot hicker jugglers and barspins are hard.
Dez's halfhicker full kickflip to halfpacker is hard.
Just to name a few...
But turbined steamrollers, hickers, crackpackers and time machines are not...
Kevin's barflip to crackpacker is VERY stylish, but its not even close to be as hard as any of the other guys switches. Same for his spinning no handed time machines. I really like his riding, he's a very good rider, and dude, he did an amazing perfect run! But you seem to be confused about what is hard and what is stylish.
I was there, I saw every single final run and I honestly think the judges did a good job overall and the results are pretty good the way they are.

I dont think it was any signature trick what placed him in 3º place. His overall riding was just better that any of the other guys below him. Chutchalerm's run was really good too, in my opinion it was very close to Dez's run. Also Guelo had a great run. I think Joris, Kevin, Alex and Guelo were REALLY close in points...
I guess you are right,i wasnt there and cant see the runs and from tv you cant understand,i am just dissapointed with what happened to flatland,i guess originality doesnt matter nowdays.
If back on 2004 at flatground there was a person that he would tell me that somebody will do the yammar switces in 8 years from now and will placed 3third at worlds i would laugh!anyway its boring for me to continue.i guess flatland is about fun,thats why i never give emphasis on what is happening to contests.can somebody upload william perez run?thanks

Offline misterpola

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2012, 07:15:33 PM »
i agree,
But how about adams kun run,
Does anyone has any footage because i believe judging from his overall runs a disqualification is not in his habit ???
Adam did a lot of hard and original tricks at the qualification but couldnt land them, therefore he didn't qualify.
I guess you are right,i wasnt there and cant see the runs and from tv you cant understand,i am just dissapointed with what happened to flatland,i guess originality doesnt matter nowdays.
If back on 2004 at flatground there was a person that he would tell me that somebody will do the yammar switces in 8 years from now and will placed 3third at worlds i would laugh!anyway its boring for me to continue.i guess flatland is about fun,thats why i never give emphasis on what is happening to contests.can somebody upload william perez run?thanks
Actually, I think it does matter. The problem is that almost nobody brought something original during the finals. So, difficulty was the main subject to judge. At least that's how I see it, but I can be wrong...