Author Topic: Lea Dobrowski: I Did Not Fall Off, I Never Stopped and Never Will Stop Riding  (Read 24183 times)

Offline Mr News Bot

• Robot
  • GF Inhabitant
    • global-flat
Last year Lea started her Column here on Global-Flat and interviewed Percy Marshall in May. Unfortunately she went through a rough patch and took a break from writing for us. But now she's back with an update on what happened in the meantime. Lea is still riding and we're looking forward to seeing her progress this year! 

Furthermore you can find a photo of her in the current issue of the tattoo magazine Inked. Of course sitting on her bike!

I Did Not Fall Off, I Never Stopped and Never Will Stop Riding

Offline Andrew Tarrant

• Cliffhanger
  • Is back...with a KFC bucket.
Glad shes still around, always need more woman riders, hopefully time will heal :beer:
Mechanic is easy, all you need is a hammer and a blowtorch....BURN MOTHERf*ck BURRN

Offline cj

• Cliffhanger
  • formless
    • sandmbikes.com
Some tough times Lea, sorry to hear of your loses and health issues. Stoked you're back!
instagram.com/intrikatbmx

Offline Lea Dobrowski-Silva

• Funky Chicken
Thanks I appreciate it! See you at Toronto?

Offline christjesus

• Forkglider
do you think your progress is hurt by having fake boobs??? i mean you can't really ride super hard because a bad fall would pop one of them suckers and then you would fall off again.  i mean take a break...i mean fall off...

do you find your balance is affected by being so top heavy?

• Funky Chicken
Hahahahah. well my fake boobs have nothing to do with my progression, and actually if you knew anything you would know that they would not pop lol. People like you motivate me more!

Do you find your balance is affected by your ignorance?

Phatman

No offense, but i cant help but thinking your popularity is more for your good looks rather than your talent. What would you think if other female riders out there feel disheartened that they arent getting the same exsposure due to them not being "pretty"?

Offline christjesus

• Forkglider
no not at all...my progess is affected the amount i ride...ignorance is bliss.  and your right i don't know what its like to have fake tits...and never will...although i'm sure landing on a peg tit first would do wonders for the implant.

keep up the good work!!! you go gurl!!!

and by work of course i mean fake tits...

Offline christjesus

• Forkglider
topsey...you might be on a slipperly slope...or maybe spur a bunch of female riders to rely on sexuality rather than talent...either way i'm going to chose ignorance...

• Funky Chicken
Topsey, I feel extremely bad for woman that ride that would feel that way. Just like when I watch a woman rider's video, I get distressed to see that people comment on how she looks or what she is wearing vs. her progression and/or talent. I have never been one that wont admit that I am positive that bc I am attractive to others it gives me an advantage at times, but I also know that my genuine interest in other people, the kindness that I try to show others, my yearn to help others and my passion for riding also get's me places and gives me some truly great friends. Yes some of the time looks get you somewhere, but really it only get's you so far. I am not concerned if anyone thinks I am good looking or not, fat or skinny, I don't even take the time to notice, what I care about is helping others, and enjoying flatland. And Yes I know that progression is affected by how much, or perhaps both how much you ride and how hard you ride (which was not the question it was about balance, just sayin). And it shows you are ignorant to life if you honestly believe ignorance is bliss. Knowledge is bliss. But everyone is allowed to have his or her own opinion.

Offline khe killah

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
These Lea threads always end up going the same way... Guy's can't we just drop it already... Either keep it on topic or don't post at all. If you really need to debate the same old thing then start your own thread in open talk and stop turning her threads into a flamming match!

Thank you
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 11:03:48 PM by khe killah™ »

Offline lawbmx

• Hitchhiker
Great to have you back again Lea:) Looking forward to reading your column and having a female voice in a very male dominated sport!
SOME PEOPLE DREAM OF SUCCESS ..... WHILE OTHERS WAKE UP EARLY AND SIMPLY GO FOR A RIDE

• Funky Chicken
Thank you to both KHE and Lawbmx!

Offline khe killah

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
Thank you to both KHE and Lawbmx!

No worries, welcome back...

• Funky Chicken
LOL okay... you don't get what I was saying.. anyway... Of here to go ride...