Author Topic: Ti Spokes  (Read 4791 times)

Offline robpossible

• GF Inhabitant
  • Crackpacker to kitchen table
Ti Spokes
« on: July 14, 2010, 03:23:20 AM »
Anyone use Ti spokes? I've been putting away a little for a front wheel and don't mind spending extra but if they don't work that well; ware out, strip, brake or don't save any real weight I rather save it. Any thoughts are appreciated.
Thx Rob
1st law of thermodynamics: Energy can not be created or destroyed, it only changes in form.

Offline dethtrk17

• Deathtrucker
    • MYSPACE
Re: Ti Spokes
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2010, 03:52:30 AM »
rob, from what I have read the ti spokes arent worth the weight savings. on top of that they break alot. but if you have the dough and wanna try it out go for it. just what I have heard :beer:

Offline AK

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2010, 05:00:30 AM »
 I have some on a front wheel , cross laced with aluminum nipples for like 2 or 3 years now.Theyve held up fine and the nipples never seized which is what I was worried about.I put anti seize on the threads.,.The wheel is a few ounces lighter.But I got them for FREE...I think you can just get doublebutted spokes ,that do the same thing for cheaper if you want to save weight..

« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 05:03:01 AM by AK »

Offline K.Wong

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2010, 11:41:17 AM »
stainless butted spokes (shadow conspiracy's 3b), 1 cross for 36s, with g-sport nipples + anti-seize compound for the front;

titanium spokes, 3-cross for 48s, with g-sport nipples + anti-seize compound for the the rear;

thats my recomandation (and my setup), provided that you have already taken other measures to lighten your wheelsets - lighter rims, titanium axles, lighter hubs.

Offline DennyPhiL

• Cliffhanger
  • Goodbye Flatland, hello Freestyle.
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2010, 02:11:59 PM »
titanium bearing.  ^_^

i prefer butted spokes.

DT SWISS
Kuoppa Gomez Bikes

Offline Ken NJ

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2010, 03:57:21 PM »
rob, from what I have read the ti spokes arent worth the weight savings. on top of that they break alot. but if you have the dough and wanna try it out go for it. just what I have heard :beer:

x's 2.. i haven't had any issues with mine in a couple years but i haven't been tangled in them in a while either.. knock on wood..
flat rules everything around me f.r.e.a.m.