Author Topic: Monolithic York Jam 2010 video on Vimeo  (Read 6524 times)

Offline Erik Otto

• GF Inhabitant
  • The Brotherhood for life.
    • Monolithic Flatland
Monolithic York Jam 2010 video on Vimeo
« on: July 07, 2010, 06:58:42 AM »
Here you go boys:
York Jam 2010

Offline b_ron

• GF Inhabitant
    • PbNation
Re: Monolithic York Jam 2010 video on Vimeo
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2010, 07:45:51 AM »
lol the cliffhanger, hitchhiker and all that flatland stuff on a scooter was pretty entertaining

custom pegs in the front?
Signing out...

Offline alex caps

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2010, 07:47:14 AM »
Mark's riding makes me :)

Offline rjs

• Company
  • Hitchhiker
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2010, 07:50:14 AM »
 I really wish you have gotten around and filmed more people
50+ riders at a jam doesn't happen to often these days

nice work
none the less -_-

Offline sc

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2010, 03:29:21 PM »
After such a good turnout and coverage from the scooter world this yr.  i heard York jam is having a roller blading section instead of flatland next yr. Who cares about the flatlanders, i wanna see some inlining and scooters, thats where its at. omeon Edogg wheres the flatland love. So many riders and we see scooter action, unreal. 

Offline Erik Otto

• GF Inhabitant
    • Monolithic Flatland
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2010, 03:45:15 PM »
Nat already had filmed the Jam Circle in 3D so I only filmed people that wanted to be filmed.  In case anyone who wasn't there needs to know, I filmed Nick on his scooter moments before putting my camera away.  It wasn't planned.  I honestly had never seen some of his tricks before.  Hey, if the "scooter" traffic brings more people into BMX flatland, I am all for it.

Where's the flatland love?  Seriously?  Steph, I would have filmed you all day if I thought you wanted me to.

Here's an open call to all the riders at every event I go to from here on out.  If you want me to get some of your links down, come see me, it would be my pleasure.  It's that simple.  What normally happens is the big camera comes out and everyone either stops or doesn't want to be filmed.

Let's start a list now for next year :)

Offline sc

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2010, 04:33:06 PM »
Edogg, NOt here to dogg ya but lame excuse, York is about flatland bmx........................... There was lots of flatriders there rippin it up and ya film scooter action.  And ya know me, i usualy like catchin up with peeps i havnt seen in a minute and not stressin on the ride-filmin scene . but there were so many others throwin down, id love to have seen on the vid. Let the scooter world do there vids.

Offline Leone4130

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2010, 06:15:24 PM »
lol thanks for the footage! pay no mind to the haters, film what ya wanna film bro. looks like a good time and I think I'll attend next year, beginner status or not I think its worth the 9 hour drive.

Offline harris

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2010, 07:02:15 PM »
Yo. Yhea I never heard that song before/ um I woulda cut out 40 some seconds of me( the 2links in there twice). But
In all the jam was nnice+ Lots of Riders and styles!

Offline Erik Otto

• GF Inhabitant
    • Monolithic Flatland
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2010, 10:01:18 PM »
Mark, I love your riding.  I could watch the same link 20 times in a row.  As far as the scooter goes, I certainly didn't mean to offend anyone with Nick's tricks.  He was riding right out in front of my tent, so I filmed for 5 minutes before I packed up the camera.

I know my history pretty well and am WELL AWARE that the York Jam is a BMX Flatland Event.  There were a bunch of cameras filming that day.  Some even up on big ladders.  I'm sure those videos will be on here soon.  I like shooting stills mostly because it doesn't stress people out really so I spent a great deal of time doing that.  To me, it was a fun day.  I like to document people having fun.

Steph, I love ya man but I think you are the only one who is upset about Nick being in the video.  To the rest of the BMX Flatland community, if I offended you, I deeply regret doing so.

Next year will be a scooter free film-a-thon so be warned, I will be filming you whether you like it or not ;)

Offline rjs

• Company
  • Hitchhiker
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2010, 10:15:24 PM »
not hatin'
I just think most of us would have rather seen a more variety of riders at such a large jam
I know when I throw a jam
I try to get at least 1 link from everyone if possible, regardless of skill level..its all flatland

great quality filming and thanks for your efforts to show a little something from the jam
Man I  wish i had as nice camera as yours :beer:

BTW what are you using?

later
Ron

Offline ortho

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2010, 01:44:31 AM »
hahaha i thought the scooter stuff was pretty funny. Hell, it was new to me at least. Looks like that guy put in some time on that thing... can't believe he did a decade on it. Of course, on a more important level, it was cool to see Andrew throwin out some pretty sick isht on an actual bike!

Anyway, it can be weird figuring out who to film and who to include in edits. Sometimes I do pretty well remembering to get everyone in there, but many times I'll just film for 5 min or so and miss a huge chunk of good action usually because I was there riding and/or didn't feel like filming. Sometimes it's weird to just go around and film everyone, but some people do it naturally.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 02:14:28 AM by ortho »

Offline wolverines

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2010, 03:52:30 AM »
Tony!

your kid is getting big, and progressing on that scooter !!

last time we where all at chenga i didnt see any of that stuff!!

GOOD JOB FOR YOU NICK!!!!!

Offline Wouter van der Linde

• GF Inhabitant
    • Dutchflatland
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2010, 11:19:58 AM »
woah, that mark harris guy is sick!

Offline cow

• Cliffhanger
  • neglect not the talents in thee............
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2010, 02:10:57 AM »
whoa....i mean great respect to all the riders who attended...to the guy who filmed nuff respect to you i as a rider knows how hard it is to film at a jam cus even if you wanna pull your tricks for film sometimes it jus does'nt happen and you end up gettin upset which can spoil the whole experience......
i'm very appreciative of the shots of the guy on the scooter cus the kid obviously puts in a lot more time on his scooter and sees more results than me...i mean i tried overtakers and stuff but thought nose wheelies were impossible......
its all fun flatland is universal irregardless of on a flat-specific bike,streetbike,scooter,skateboard and even artistic riding........

tell that kid he needs to get on a bike too flatland needs him........i know there'll be other edits of york jam so i aint scared of the difference yours brought.......respect
Whatever you want in life is gonna take some effort on your part!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fact is, freestyle riding was, is, and will always be evolving and moving in different directions. So just do what you want and have fun with it. Trends come and go.- TYRONE WILLIAMS