Author Topic: I dislike vert riders...  (Read 5677 times)

Offline xBonesx

• Hitchhiker
I dislike vert riders...
« on: May 28, 2010, 01:32:45 PM »
 Every day im at school with my friends or at a skate park vert riders always think that i have the same learning time period as them, My friends learn tricks rapidly while im still doing steam rollers. A lot of the vert riders there dont understand that flat takes years to get good at. My friends always ask why arnt u good. I always say " its my first year im really not supposed to be doing advanced tricks." my friend says " well im already learning tire grabs and i have 360's down." They just dont get it. It takes time to develope the skill. Im not worried about this but its something that bugs me a little. But this does help me to urge my self to practice. With my steam rollers im doing fine on, but im puting my feet down a lot. i can do fw straight steams and right now im trying to nail going in a half circle. its been a good week. sort of.

Offline jsteady

• GF Inhabitant
    • :P
Re: I dislike vert riders...
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2010, 01:36:35 PM »
Sounds to me like they're just being stupid dumb kids. Just let it slide and keep riding.  :beer:

Offline xBonesx

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2010, 01:39:11 PM »
yah, i wonder why they cant just act mature,  its not hard. :P

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2010, 01:41:13 PM »
I don't think I've encountered a vert rider in over ten years. This is like saying "boy I don't like Azerbaijanis" or something.  :huh:

Offline xBonesx

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2010, 01:43:06 PM »
thats very wierd, u must not go to the park or u just r invisible if u r there. thats wierd, considering the fact that u bmx?

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2010, 01:47:12 PM »
Vert riders are a very rare breed. Rarer than flatlanders I think.

I also haven't been to a skatepark in like 6 years.

Offline xBonesx

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2010, 01:53:26 PM »
no not where i am, its a samll town, but there used to be 4 guys i was told about that did flat at my park, but theyre all gone except 2 vert riders that i dont hate at all. they used to do flat and still do a little like hang fives and stuff. but i heard that my friend rick is moving back here, dont know its if true. so fingers crossed

Offline Scuffy

• Backpacker
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2010, 02:32:00 PM »
Every day im at school with my friends or at a skate park vert riders always think that i have the same learning time period as them, My friends learn tricks rapidly while im still doing steam rollers. A lot of the vert riders there dont understand that flat takes years to get good at. My friends always ask why arnt u good. I always say " its my first year im really not supposed to be doing advanced tricks." my friend says " well im already learning tire grabs and i have 360's down." They just dont get it. It takes time to develope the skill. Im not worried about this but its something that bugs me a little. But this does help me to urge my self to practice. With my steam rollers im doing fine on, but im puting my feet down a lot. i can do fw straight steams and right now im trying to nail going in a half circle. its been a good week. sort of.

sh*t man,don't let it phase you dude.

Next time one of them says something,hand them your bike and say "let's see you do something asshole!"

I'm a lot older then you and some of my friends (which none happen to ride BMX at all) start talking sh*t that's exactly what I do,and when they can't even peg wheelie I laugh my ass off in their mouths and tell them to get back on their fixed gears or their skateboards.

Some people progress quicker,some slower...as long as you have fun doing what you're doing then that's all that matters...f*ck the haters.

Losers always whine about their best,winners go home and f*ck the prom queen!

Offline D

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2010, 04:00:29 PM »
It's true that the learning curve for flat is pretty steep, especially when you're getting started.  Why not learn some 360's and peg grinds and stuff with them while you are learning flat stuff?  No reason to limit yourself to one type of riding. 

Offline D

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2010, 04:02:06 PM »
I don't think I've encountered a vert rider in over ten years. This is like saying "boy I don't like Azerbaijanis" or something.  :huh:

Haha.  And the ones you do run into are all over 38+ and wander off muttering to themselves about what happened at the 1994 Bicycle Stunts contest in Kansas.....

Offline manteo

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2010, 04:09:54 PM »
What did happen in Kansas? LMAO.
Don't let it bother you.

Offline Flatgod

• Backpacker
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2010, 09:20:43 AM »
Do you mean vert riders or park riders? Some people just getting into riding tend to actually get these two mixed up. Anyway, whether it be park or vert, they are idiots. Flatland is generally considered to be the hardest of all bmx disciplines. The reason they are doing tuck no-handers and 360's is because that sh*t is f***ing simple compared to flatland. Try to find a parking lot so you can ride by yourself.

Offline tod miller

• GF Inhabitant
  • ATX Crew, rollin' deep!
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2010, 09:31:05 AM »
I landed a 360 jump my first day trying them...took me months to learn a Hang-Five.   There is no comparison. 

Don't let them sweat ya...try to keep your eye on having fun.  I say if you are having fun, and it keeps you on your bike all the time, you will get "good".
"A puppet no more!"

Offline metalbmxer

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2010, 04:39:39 PM »

haha so true!
Dax (now in LAS VEGAS as of July 2022)

Offline Pat

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2010, 05:38:56 PM »
you could always learn to hang 5 cause its becoming an increasingly more common all around bmx trick, and then when they're like HURR DURR YOU CANT EVEN 180 you can be like well can you hang 5? cause i would say that most riders who are actually GOOD at street/vert dont waste their time harassing other kids about their abilities
SLOflatlander-Central Coast California Flatland