Author Topic: Austin's "Canada Invades Texas" Jam, February 15th  (Read 14477 times)

Offline Pralex

• Deathtrucker
Austin's "Canada Invades Texas" Jam, February 15th
« on: February 04, 2009, 01:15:02 AM »
So, a car full of Canadians are escaping their horrid winter weather and driving down to Texas.  We will arrive (hopefully) sometime in the morning of the 15th, and want to ride with everyone.  Be weary that we might suck at bikes (we'll blame it on the weather, but we actually suck all year round), but would really like to ride and hang out with the whole Austin/Texas crew.  We've heard it is the biggest scene in North America, and have decided we need to check it out first hand.

I'm not sure about the location...I'll let one of you from that side figure that out.  We'll be in town all week (with short day trips taken to Christi Corps and Houston), and want to ride and party as much as possible.

Prasheel

Re: Austin's "Canada Invades Texas" Jam, February 15th
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2009, 01:43:18 AM »
Yes, those are all facts up there, what he said. 

Riders: Alex Poirier, Prasheel Gopal and Addison Moore
Photographer: Dylan Leeder
Poor girl who thought agreeing to come was a good idea: Kimberly Dobbin

Budz

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2009, 01:49:49 AM »
only...u guys DONT suck "at bikes". :beer: :P
Austin is a future goal of mine also.
have a great time! :mellow:

the beard

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2009, 02:19:02 AM »
cool man. I spoke with Mark about lodging and whatnot, shouldn't be a prollem.

Prasheel

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2009, 02:22:32 AM »
We actually ended up booking a hotel for while we are there, we don't want to get in anyones way or anything, and theres five of us, and we plan on getting drunk and rowdy a lot, haha, so we figured this is the best option, everyone is of course welcome to party with us!  Are there clubs we can go to that aren't strictly 21+?  Or should we just hand them our canadian ID and they'll be like "what the f*ck is this?"  Hahahaha.

the beard

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2009, 02:27:40 AM »
let's round off the details. we will party and that's that.  ;D

Prasheel

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2009, 02:28:59 AM »
Okay, that's what I like to hear.  We plan on riding hard every and each day we are down there, hopefully some of you are huge bums like us and don't work and can join us?  Haha.

the beard

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2009, 02:37:12 AM »
I'll be a bum in the evening times with ya'll. (worker bee) I'm down for nightly sessions. There are a few choices of places to ride. I'm pretty sure a lot of the ATX guys that are not on here will also be down for all of that action. I don't want to speak for others, but it's a strong gut feeling. heh  ;D
« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 03:22:55 AM by Pranatx »

Prasheel

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2009, 03:01:57 AM »
Amazing, I'm going to hit a frame tomohawk jump turbine jump to wheelchair on this trip if it kills me, then I'll start working on jumping to halfpackers, hahaha.

Offline gtcesflat

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2009, 03:37:10 AM »
Pranatx,
            I am going to try my hardest to be there on Feb. 15th......No promises, that's when I jinx myself!!!!! Will keep my fingers crossed. Later Sucka

Offline The BYKE Project

• Company
  • Backpacker
  • THE BYKE PROJECT - Giving back through BMX.
    • Dunamis Media
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2009, 06:06:34 AM »
tight.  You guys are actually coming after all.  I'll get with lee and the other houston guys.  I'm sure most of us will make it out there on sunday.  I'll be there for sure.  Yo jim, is the garage still the place to ride?  I heard you guys have been getting hassled over there.  Let us know what you guys plan and where, and we'll make plans.  Need to get my 50'x 75' Canadian flag ready. 

Prasheel

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2009, 06:27:54 AM »
tight.  You guys are actually coming after all.  I'll get with lee and the other houston guys.  I'm sure most of us will make it out there on sunday.  I'll be there for sure.  Yo jim, is the garage still the place to ride?  I heard you guys have been getting hassled over there.  Let us know what you guys plan and where, and we'll make plans.  Need to get my 50'x 75' Canadian flag ready. 

Haha, we got our car troubles sorted out, that's pretty much all that was stopping us.  Oh, bring me a small byke project shirt with the trees on it, in some crazy bright sweet colour, I want to purchase one!  I was gonna this weekend and totally forgot.

Offline The BYKE Project

• Company
  • Backpacker
  • THE BYKE PROJECT - Giving back through BMX.
    • Dunamis Media
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2009, 06:41:53 AM »
Word.  No problem.  I'll have a nice rainbow colored byke shirt for you since that's how you guys from Canada roll.  :)

Offline stvnlpsly

• GF Inhabitant
  • Quest BMX
    • Quest BMX
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2009, 02:27:35 PM »
LOL to the 50 x 70 flag and the rainbow byke project shirt!

joshd

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2009, 01:48:43 AM »
Pranatx,
            I am going to try my hardest to be there on Feb. 15th......No promises, that's when I jinx myself!!!!! Will keep my fingers crossed. Later Sucka

by the other thread...im confused.  yoos coming down on the 15th or 19th?  the hocket game is on the 19th in dallas right?

jd.