Author Topic: Pill Poppers?  (Read 10743 times)

Offline Dion

• GF Inhabitant
Pill Poppers?
« on: July 31, 2008, 09:00:54 PM »
I have to take 4 Ibuprophen before I ride, or else I'm in pain. I know Chris from Brickhouse is having joint problems, too.

Anybody else have to pop pills before riding?

Offline condemned bmx

• Deathtrucker
  • yo
Re: Pill Poppers?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2008, 09:03:39 PM »
4 jesus, make sure u draw the line dont think 5, then 6 then 20 lol

naa i dont have to thankfully im young and have rubber bones :P
slater

Offline mare

• GF Inhabitant
  • tmp®
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2008, 09:19:24 PM »
i have problems with my joints to but i don`t have to pop nothing 4 now -_- luckly, just VERY GOOD  streaching before and after riding helps me alot.

ozz

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2008, 09:26:38 PM »
i have problems with my joints to but i don`t have to pop nothing 4 now -_- luckly, just VERY GOOD  streaching before and after riding helps me alot.
^_^ ^_^ ^_^aman

Offline ryry4130

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2008, 10:03:44 PM »
I take 800mg of Ibuprofen twice a day for imflammation and Hydrocodone for pain.  Plus I have serious sleeping problems so I eat a few Lorazepam at bedtime.

Offline Oltorf

• Cliffhanger
  • It's time to get serious!
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2008, 10:10:09 PM »
a few energy supplements similar to a red bull and sometimes two ibuprofen. sometimes a piece of adderall if its around.
Sickchild           Sequence                    bmxfreestyler.com                           720 Action Sports

Offline brian84corvette

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2008, 10:37:55 PM »
there is some mega huge horse pills I take called - ostyobiflex or something like that.
they are suposed to help re build the crap in between your joints.

I have no idea if it works,   but I think it might help me from getting worse.
Old dudes can still rip

Offline The Brown Sound

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2008, 03:09:57 AM »
LOL you cholos is crazy. Dion I'm surprised you don't use glucosamine chrondroiton (sp) w working out and all. rick 72 I too have sleep probs. I didn't care for Ativan(lorazapam) as it didn't seem to do much. Ambien however.

Also eating fish/ supplementing w fish oil can help reduce inflamation of joints but if you lift weights and are trying to get bigger/gain weight beware of the fish oil/fish as it can impede progress
I'm like the brown LL Cool J.

Offline Mike Dood

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2008, 03:11:20 AM »
I'm 35 ride hard daily and don't take anything.  

You guys are getting old. haha :) Jkkkkk

timk4130!

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2008, 03:18:13 AM »
brown sound is on key guys....for the past two weeks ive been doing rolling undertakers and stretching the hell out of my back....im pretty much on the same page as brown sound and i would be worse off if it wasnt for what ive been taking....take care....tim

Offline ASC

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2008, 03:42:59 AM »
40, just started taking MSM(Methyl-Sulfonyl-Methane), after 6months I'll know if it works, this is taken 2 twice a day. I take the first supplement with Centrum Select for adults over 50.
B6, B12 shot, and once a month an Iron injection, right now no iron shots since the dose is high and can't OD or I'll be dead.

Pure natural stuff straight through out 90's: carrot juice with ginger some times apple everyday, now just once in a while. I take tumeric power and Amla power throughout the week. Right now twice a day since I have an injury.

Considering how many times I've fallen on the same area in the right knee, slamming concrete, lucky its still not broken.(knock on wood).

I eat nuts and fruits. An apple a day keeps the doctor away.
RIDE......RIDE......RIDE

Offline TOflat

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2008, 03:57:52 AM »
chocolate, lots and lots of chocolate. And garlic, and if im in pain, tylenol 3 mixed with cold and flu tablets. It makes me relatively sky high

Offline Lwnman

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2008, 04:20:14 AM »
No pain pills for me except once a year my siatic nerve flares up and I take a darvacet for that. But other than that 1 Prilosec a day for acid reflex. Good gosh listen to us Dion we sound like we are 80 whats next we gonna talk about bowl movements and fiber LMAO ;D

Brad

Offline Dion

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2008, 05:01:20 AM »
I was in competetive weightlifting for a good 6 years and I road raced motorcycles and now ride dirtbikes and SuperMoto.

Road racing offers a great environment to tumble on the asphalt at 110MPH. It's not very fun.

I'm beat to sh*t, guys. Heavy weight lifting with no real precaution and wrecking motorcycles at speed has taken it's toll. Now that I'm back into a doing a finesse sport like flatland... it's a bit painful. I don't crash much anymore becasue I'm not competetive, but all precaution goes out the window when you're trying to win gold plated plastic figures mounted on particle wood.

Offline Muse

• Backpacker
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2008, 05:10:23 AM »
One Obecalp every night. Oh and a whole bunch of Sweet Tarts. Gotta love sugar rushes.