Author Topic: South West & Wales - Bristol/Cardiff/etc.  (Read 6064 times)

Offline JonMack

• Hitchhiker
    • JonMack
South West & Wales - Bristol/Cardiff/etc.
« on: March 25, 2008, 10:34:45 PM »
Yo. Complete and utter n00b here, never ridden flat before but ridden a few different styles of MTB, looking to get into flat. Was just wondering if there was anyone around this general area? I live in Newport at the moment but i'm moving back to Weston super Mare in 2 months. Anyone up for laughing at/helping out a complete and utter beginner?

Offline JAY1WM

• Cliffhanger
  • 1WM
    • 1WMBMX
Re: South West & Wales - Bristol/Cardiff/etc.
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2008, 10:37:08 PM »
matti hemmings.

Offline KAFKA

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2008, 10:39:24 PM »
i live and ride in Cardiff. there are a few of us in this area. we all hook up from time to time. there is an indoor spot too quite near Cardiff that can be ridden but is quite small.

you ride in newport? the only place i rode in newport was at the skate park. it was crowded though.

you travel about easily ?

Offline JonMack

• Hitchhiker
    • JonMack
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2008, 10:46:22 PM »
Yo, didn't expect replies that quickly! Currently bikeless, waiting for the student loan to come through so I can blast it on a bike, so I haven't ridden yet, I've been looking around and so far haven't really thought of anywhere to go, skatepark on a weekday is usually dead but i dunno about anywhere else.

I don't drive but I don't mind the odd train here and there, however I've never ridden flat so wouldn't be too hot to ride with yet...

Offline bikemagix

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2008, 05:13:12 PM »
Hey Everyone!
I'm hungarian flatland rider who work with circus and traveling in this area.
I guess we'll go in Weston also but i don't know yet when.
Where ever i been i only seen street riders so i decided to search some flatlanders here.
Maybe we can ride together some days.
Where the circus will go you can find here: www.jaymillerscircus.co.uk
If you wanna contact me then please write email cause i check that daily:bikemagix@freemail.hu
Thank you!
Csabi :)

Offline Suelo sam

• Forkglider
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2008, 12:59:28 PM »
Hey guys
Currently started riding flat and learning the basics
I ride in Bridgend near Cardiff, a few of my biker friends mentioned the indoor place in Cardiff so i may have to check it out sometime  -_-

only place to ride flat down here is car parks and some street

Offline adhim_4130

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2008, 11:39:04 AM »
hi guys...  -_-

i'm Adhim from Malaysia.
in this September-October, i'm about to come to Glamorgan for study purpose.
so, i hope i can catch up with u guys over there.

see u soon guys~  ;D

Offline Birts

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2008, 02:13:53 PM »
Hey,

Any Cardiff riders up for meeting up and riding? I'm in the process of moving from Swansea to Cardiff.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 02:57:28 PM by Birts »

Offline BIORIDER

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2008, 11:16:03 AM »
Yes, I'm here! I just moved a month ago and haven't ride for a wile but can't wait to get back on it, when and where? I've spotted a skate spot that looks good in the cardiff university area.

Offline Henrik

• Hitchhiker
    • Fi-bmx
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2008, 03:20:54 PM »
Well, I just moved to Swansea in Wales 3 weeks ago or so. I brought my bike with me and would very much ride with other flatlanders.

Though at the moment my ankle is badly sprained, so I can't ride for 2 weeks or so - I think. I could visit Cardiff some weekend by train. I don't even have classes on Mondays, so I could stay late on Sunday too. So if the weather is still good in 2 weeks or so, I could hop on a train.

Any idea what's the cheapest way to travel between Swansea and Cardiff? Birts?

Ok, I'm off to see a doc about the ankle now-->

Offline Doy

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2008, 03:12:39 PM »
Yo, i've just moved down to cornwall. I'm in Padstow at the moment. If anyone of you guy's is way out west, drop me a PM.
Lonely Flatlander seeks riding buddy. :(

Offline Birts

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2008, 08:03:25 PM »
I still haven't found anywhere decent to ride in Cardiff. I'm going to go for a little mission around the underground car parks, hopefully one of them will be rideable.

Henrik, the train from Swansea to Cardiff is about 6 pounds for a return ticket. How's the ankle doing?
« Last Edit: November 03, 2008, 08:07:56 PM by Birts »

Offline Henrik

• Hitchhiker
    • Fi-bmx
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2008, 09:51:18 PM »
I still haven't found anywhere decent to ride in Cardiff. I'm going to go for a little mission around the underground car parks, hopefully one of them will be rideable.

Henrik, the train from Swansea to Cardiff is about 6 pounds for a return ticket. How's the ankle doing?
Hey! The doc found out I had actually torn a ligament and chipped a tiny part of my bone in the process. So, 2 weeks was nowhere enough to heal it. Now about a month later I can ride if I'm careful and take enough breaks.

Have you found any places to ride in Cardiff? If the tickets really are 6 pounds for a return, I could easily come for a visit. The weather sucks ass and living on Mount Pleasant doesn't help finding a level place to ride on. Haven't seen any indoor places either...